• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repair Creative Cloud! I'm talking to you Adobe!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same story, different day, month, year! This issue has been around for at least 4 years now and you have done nothing to correct this Adobe. As a software developer for 35 years, I can't imagine allowing a problem to persist for so long. If your issue is with McAfee, then get with them to find a solution. I spent over an hour with an agent remotely connected to get Creative Cloud reloaded so I could get my upgrades. Now, we're back to the same error. Everything I found on your site I have done. Your agent had to do all kinds of things remotely to get it to load, but it was only good for a day. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! FIX CREATIVE CLOUD ALREADY!

christophere38118737_0-1611620892207.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's something on your computer (typically av, antimalware, cleaner etc) causing the corruption of adobe's file.

and, though it doesn't help you, i've been using adobe products since before they released their creative suite products including every cc release since adobe adoped the subscription model, and i've never encountered any problem with cc on any of the 5 computers with cc installed.

in addition, these are user-to-user forums.  you are not addressing adobe reps.

that all said, if you want to address adobe for what you think is an software failing, do so here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christophere, I am sorry that the files that are used by the Creative Cloud desktop app continue to be damaged on the computer. As Kglad mentioned, there is likely a utility or some other software title that is periodically removing or damaging the files stored on the computer.

I am showing that case ADB-17563798-X6N1 is currently opening and pending your response regarding this error. Please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update the support case before it is automatically closed.  We have already sent two messages asking for an update; the case will be automatically closed on the third attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, yes I got the Email, which gave me the option of going to the community forums or to go back to yet another 1/2 hour + remote session with one of your representatives to just get CC reloaded. That's not acceptable. I have been a software developer for 35 years and can't imagine telling my customers that the problem with my program is really the fault of another program. If I know that, then it behooves me to find a resolution in my software to give my customers the experience they expect. If, in fact, another software title is corrupting CC files, then which files are being corrupted and what are the potential offending software titles? If you have issues with McAfee Endpoint Security (my AV), then what is the specific issue? Have you worked McAfee or any other companies towards a resolution? I have had this problem for years and have seen many posts in these forums on this issue, and you are always the one that responds. Have you pushed these customer issues up your chain of command? When you have several customers with the same issue, then you have a problem that needs to be addressed! I (we) as the customer(s) should not have to deal with this. How can we possibly know what is causing CC to constantly need to be repaired? I have no problems with any of other software on my system, only CC. Photshop and Lightroom work fine! Love em! But to get upgrades is nightmare!

I would like to be able to speak to a Sr Technical Support representative that can work with me to find a resolution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christophere, I am sorry, but as previously discussed, case ADB-17563798-X6N1 has now been closed due to lack of response.  If your error is unresolved, I would encourage you to work directly with our chat team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. This would allow your support case to be escalated if the standard solutions were unsuccessful.

I am sorry, I don't have any additional suggestions for you to implement. You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-install-new-computer.html if you want to use the Photography plan a different computer, alternately you can use the process listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html to cancel your membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines