• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request for changing the password arrived automatically!?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I could not use Adobe because a request for changing my password blocked the screen.  I did not plan to change it at all. I researched on the Adobe Homepage and the internet, called Microsoft but nobody ever heard of such a case!? It coud be trap and somebody wants to hack my password. Even in the mail with a code it says, "If you did not request this contact Adobe!!???" But no way to contact anybody on the homepage.  I can only write this here AFTER resetting my password. Is there any other case experiencing this and a plausible explanation for it?

(*We found an article of October 2019 when half of the customers data leaked and Adobe did send out requests to change the password at that time. )

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not aware of any requests for password changes.

in any case, never change a password via an email link whether from adobe or anyone else.  navigate directly to the site, check for the lock in the address bar indicating a secure connection, and then log in.  

if you need to change your password, you'll be prompted to do so.  ie, if your password had been revoked, you wouldn't be able to log in with your old password and will be prompted to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your advice. I will try this way the next time. What
means the lock in the adress bar ?
I spent half day to research the problem, but finally I had to use
Acrobat Reader and changed the password, with the link. Probably a mistake.
Some friend told me afterwards he was also asked by Adobe to put in his
password, and just filled it in and could continue to use the old password.
I still wonder why this happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the lock in the address bar means your browser recognizes the address as not being "spoofed":

Screenshot - 9_3_2020 , 7_37_19 AM.png

here's more info, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-tell-if-my-connection-is-secure#:~:text=The%20Site%20I...

if you think you may have revealed your password for a website (including adobe's), navigate directly to that website, confirm the lock, log-in and then CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD so whatever you revealed no longer works. 

do that as quickly as possible AND enable 2 factor authentication (2fa) so your password alone is not enough to cause problems.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines