• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Required to Sign in to Creative Cloud (non Enterprise account)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I try to open the Creative Cloud desktop app, I am required to sign in. Sometimes I'm even required to click on a button so that Adobe can email me a verification code, which I then have to retrieve via email and enter into Cloud. Then I still have to sign in. In all the time I've been using the Creative Cloud app and several apps including Photoshop and Illustrator, I never had to sign into the desktop app until probably late October. Is there something I need to resolve or change on my computer in order to once again be allowed to open the Creative Cloud desktop app without having to sign in? (Note: if I do not go into Creative Cloud first, and want to directly access Illustrator or Photoshop (or another app), I have the same problem.) I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's annoying when I want to get to something quickly and I have to stop to sign in (or worse by have to enter a verification code via email on top of it).

I also use Creative Cloud and several apps via my employer's enterprise account. There is no sign-in problem with that account. I just click on the Creative Cloud desktop app or any one of the other programs and they open just fine without having to sign into anything. It's worth mentioning that an app Adobe is promoting for hassle-free access is not available for enterprise accounts. Lucky them.

After a Windows update in late October, I had trouble with the latest Photoshop update. Even though I was logged into Creative Cloud, and via Creative Cloud tried to open Photoshop, Photoshop required me to log in as well. I went through the exhausting and frustrating step of contacting Adobe via chat. I uninstalled the latest version and used an older version. Then I used an Adobe tool to remove all Adobe apps, uninstalled Creative Cloud, re-installed Creative Cloud, and downloaded apps I had before from Cloud.The problem remained for at least a week. Somehow it either resolved itself or was fixed externally. However, I'm still being required to log into Creative Cloud every time I want to open the Creative Cloud desktop app.

I don't know if the Windows 10 update (was already using Windows 10 for years; this was just an update) in late October caused the issue with Creative Cloud, or if it's just a coincidence. I used to be able to open Creative Cloud and all Adobe apps without having to sign in, because it saved the login and password. Now, Adobe is promoting some app, so "you never have to sign in". Well, I never had to sign in before without the app.

I don't want to use some other app on my phone so that Creative Cloud opens on my computer without signing in. I want it to open up and work without having to sign in each time, just like it used to. Things are even more annoying when Creative Cloud requires me to request a verification code by email, put in the code emailed to me, and STILL provide login information, after I put in the verification code. I don't have my email open all the time and I HATE having to sign into my email it just to get the verification code, and then still have to provide login and password information And, no, I don't want to sign in using Google, Facebook, or any other social network to sign in.

Asking for support's help has gotten me nowhere. Apparently they have no Creative Cloud experts. If you don't tell them a specific app (like Photoshop), they can't direct you to someone. I typed into chat that Creative Cloud was the app with which I had the problem. That wasn't good enough. At least Photoshop is back to opening, without having to sign in, when I launch it from the Creative Cloud desktop app. Of couse, I still have to sign in if I try to open Photoshop or Illustrator directly. Just a month or so ago, I could access them directly without using a password.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you change anything on your account at the main adobe website like 2 step verification?

Posted by another user and copied here.

This is managed in your main Adobe Account.

Go to Adobe.com then access your Account (not the community profile).

Click the Profile tab, then Password and Security.

Check your two-factor authentication settings using the Manage Button.

If you do not have a mobile number entered or have your email active it will send a verification code each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding, but two-factor authorization is not checked and has never been checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines