• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click to Paste Password

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to log in to my Create Cloud app on my widows pc 10 pro it won;t let me right click to paste my password in the password window. My password is s o long and cryptic it is difficult to type in. What am ii doing wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to change your password.

secure password fields don't allow right clicking and don't allow pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best secure password is a randomly generated long password which is unique for every site.  The best way to manage secure passwords is to use a password manager to generate long random passwords for you and store and remember them for you.  The best way to fill your secure password into the password field is to copy and paste the secure password.

I used to have a secure password, but I'm not going to let you force me to spend 5-10 minutes typing it out.

Forcing me to manually type the password has forced me to change my password from something like:

&yP!2Ock!zJcrA0pbgo#7QsooLA#5tsAHaUG

to something more like

m0nK3y

Is your "secure" password field really achieving the results you hoped?!? Or is your goal to get everyone to change their password to something less secure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally agree. I use a password manager and my passwords are also long and cryptic. I hate havng to try to fill them in. Most sites my password manager autofills for me but when one doesn't and I have to manually do it it drives me nuts. Where possible my passwords are 16 character long containing upper and lower case, numbers and symbols that are randomly generated by my password manager. I have hundreds of passwords that are all different for each login. Microsoft won't let me autofill or paste either. I hate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy your password by selecting it with the cursor and hit CTRL+C or right click > Copy .
Next, click into the password field in the "Creative Cloud desktop app" and hit CTRL+V .

That should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines