Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robocopy Adobe Into SD Card

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tldr: gotta robocopy Adobe because my storage is 90% full 

So on my lovely Surface Pro 7 tablet, I seem to run out of space (hardly surprising, given its 128GB capabilities). On Photoshop, I get the error of having full scratch disks. I've inserted an SD card that I have no intention of removing.

Now, I'm aware of the fact that it is probably not the best idea to move my files to an external drive. However, I can't use the Adobe apps otherwise. I've tried everything from mounting the the D: drive through an empty folder in the C: drive, to changing preferences on Creative Cloud on where to download the apps.

Unfortunately, I too short-sighted  to realize that adding a SSD would be impossible on my tablet. Now, it seems that my only options are investing in another PC (undesirable, seeing as I only got this tablet about 4 months ago) or finding a backroute to install Adobe. 

All was going well in my attempts, except for the fact that Adobe Acrobat (specifically, C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Resource\CMap) Identity-H won't copy over. Its permissions are completely greyed out. Has anyone got any solutions to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why is it impossible to add an SSD? Do be careful because entry level PCs and tablets are now often sold with SSDs that are just too small for anything but simple hobby use. Keeps the price down, but doesn't make it useful.

Adobe apps don't work if moved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines