Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run Adobe Photoshop on MacOs 10.11 Capitan

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I bought the full Adobe Suite but I can not install it on my Macbook pro running on El Capitan (10.11). The Creative Cloud says it's not compatible. I don't want to upgrade my Os but download an older version of Photoshop.

It might be a common problem. Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks !

T.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it is not too late for a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you say you bought it - a one time purchase, annual subscription, or signed up to pay monthly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer !

Sorry for my vocabulary, it's a monthly subscription.

Do you mean that it's impossible nowadays to run Photoshop on an "old" computer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are now only going with the latest computers and systems. They do not give access to old versions of apps for people with old computers - they just stop all support for the old systems. (I do not say this is good, but that is the way things are). I may be wrong but I think you have 14 days from taking a subscription, in which you cancel. After that, you must pay for the year, even if you cannot use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the reply ! I needed a clear answer and you gave it to me.

Crazy world!

I do not say it's good, but I'm gonna buy a brand new computer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you purchase, read the system requirements to ensure what you get is equipped to handle Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements. See links below.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

And also refer to this:  Recommended Systems for Photoshop

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recomm...

For best performance, Photoshop requires ample HD space for scratch disk and plenty of RAM and VRAM.

Happy shopping!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting, thanks !

Do you think this system requirements are nearly the same for Premiere and After Effect (without 3D use) ?

I'm trying to plan when I'll have to change my new computer. In 3, 5 or 10 years. What does your experience say about that ? Approximately 😉

T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU and CPU requirements vary depending on what you're doing.  IMO, you get more bang for your buck with a Win PC than you do with a Mac.  But 10 years on 1 machine (Win or Mac) is probably a stretch even from a bleeding edge, top-of-the-line one.  From the moment you leave the store, you're chasing rapid changes in software & technology.  It's hard to predict what things will look like in 3-5 years much less 10.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each app has its own system requirements. It is is annoying that Adobe don't have a standard set of requirements, and don't even have a single page which lists them all for each app. You have to go to each page to check. Don't guess, there are some new and wild requirements, which most people never even heard of. (eg do you have SSE 4.2? You better find out, because you need it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines