Run Adobe Software Externally?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When running Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator Lightroom, etc. on my Macbook Pro, I often get notifications from CleanMyMac that my 8GB RAM is operating at its full capacity. I know Adobe apps can be very demanding, I can't even imagine running Premiere or After Effects on my computer. 

My question: Is it possible to install and run these apps on a Hard Drive or Solid State Drive? I physically moved each application to be stored on my 1TB HDD, however when I am actually using them, it seems like my computer is still doing the heavy lifting as I get the notification of my RAM's capacity again. Maybe I missed a few steps? Or maybe its not possible to speed up usage and reduce my laptop's workload with this method. 

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not confuse hard drive or SSD storage with ram... programs are STORED on a drive, they are RUN in ram

8 gig of ram is barely enough for the operating system and to load the program, so working is going to struggle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! Is there a workaround for running demanding programs on limited RAM? The only other alternative I can think of is upgrading to another computer and thats not very feasible right now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines