• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I uninstall previous versions of adobe software when I install a new version?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Creative Cloud for a couple of years now and have always wondered why I would need an older version of the software. Considering these unused versions of software are just sitting on my hard drive and taking up space.... can anyone think of any good reason why I shouldn't uninstall these old software versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.?

Thanks, Tom

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

It can depend on which versions these older versions are.  If they are Cloud versions then I wouldn't think twice about getting rid of the older ones.  But if they are from a Creative Suite you might find that they have functionality that the newer versions had stripped out of them  Flash, for instance, had a number of useful functional elements ripped out of it when they came out with the Cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can depend on which versions these older versions are.  If they are Cloud versions then I wouldn't think twice about getting rid of the older ones.  But if they are from a Creative Suite you might find that they have functionality that the newer versions had stripped out of them  Flash, for instance, had a number of useful functional elements ripped out of it when they came out with the Cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you have tested the new version and it works (doesnt crash) for example, some people are reporting crashes with the latest adobe premiere 2021 release, so if things are going well, and you have backed up your brushes, patterns, actions and workspaces, then delete the previous one. 

Also with the latest premiere, it doesnt support older graphics cards without a DCH driver, basically it means buying  a new graphics card, for that reason I keep the Premiere 2019 as it is the only one compatable with my system.

So yea check things work before deleting the older one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines