• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I use Premiere Pro or After Effects for TRANSITIONS?

Participant ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Support Community, 

I am currently editing a personal project and I am not really sure whether to use Premiere Pro or After Effects for Transitions. I am aware of the fact that Premiere Pro is for EDITING, whereas After Effects is for COMPOSITING (effects, etc.), but how about transitions? I'm not talking about built in presets in Premiere Pro, but manually making them from scratch. 

For example, there are many tutorials BOTH for Premiere Pro and After Effects when I, for instance, search for glitch transitions. So, which one is better for a smoother workflow? Or does it come down to personal preference?

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has a higher learning curve.

What is your skill level in each?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you for replying

I guess I'm new to both of them. I was just wondering which of those two is a better option to make transitions in general? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lead editors are likely to use Premier Pro for most everything.  And After Effects is often used by the post production team.  So depending on where you are in the project food chain, you may gravitate to one tool over another.  But ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.

If variety is important, I think there are a lot more transition packs available for After Effects than Premier Pro.   So that could be another thing to consider.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this Nancy! That's really good to know 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Support Community, 

I just posted a similar question regarding transitions, which one is better to use...Premiere Pro or After Effects? How about when it comes to LOOKS? 

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roughly: use premiere pro to create video.  use after effects to "enhance" to an existing video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines