• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since latest update adobe audition and photoshop, indesign will only run as administrator WIN10

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I don't choose run as admin, photoshop just directly crashes and audition gives a warning message about settings cannot be saved in dir. While all folder security is set by adobe.
Photoshop chrashes when doing initializing. Indesign as well.. probably other programs from adobe as well haven't tested yet

Premiere launches fine
Other issues: animate cannot update, aero cannot install.

Has been running a year with no problem, now all of sudden these problems.
Adobe what is the fix???

Video | Photography | Virtual Reality
www.anymotion.nl
TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this doesn't work.. While holding down CTL+ALT+SHIFT photoshop will start but no dialog.
When pressing keys shortly after launching, it does come up with dialog, so preferences reset.
Next time running photoshop (without keys or run as admin) same crash as before...

Link for resetting Audition was using Win 7 or XP and very old version of Audition. Audition 2020 ran fine, removed it for version 2021 which doesn't run without run as admin..

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then uninstall both (including preferences), https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled both audition & photoshop completely, did a reboot and reinstalled. Still same problem.
Other adobe programs also crash on launching, media encoder forexmple.

It's only Adobe software, no problems with Blender, Unity3D, Open Office, Mail, Chrome etc.. 
Do you have another tip what to try?

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any other adobe cc programs installed (other than audition and ps)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have most of the programs installed. I had Photoshop, indesign, illustrator, after effects, premiere, lightroom classic and lightroom, media encoder, bridge, animate, audition.

As I didn't have any answers yet, but need to continue working, I completely removed everything now, killing all processes, using adobe cc removal tool and doing a complete fresh reinstall of adobe after reboot. Hopefully this fixes it, otherwise I'll report back here if it doesn't.

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're going to do a clean install, do it thoroughly:

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything listed above, uninstalled everything, deleted every adobe dir I could find, ran the cleaner, updated every ms visual C++ I could find in apps, did the reboot, disabled all other apps, windows defender and all, and still have this problem...

Only installed CC app and photoshop last time around, and still crashes on initializing..

I don't want to reinstall windows and everything, but have no clue anymore where to look. I can;t be the only one with this problem.

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are au and ps the only adobe programs requiring admin startup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before reinstall premiere was the only one that started normally. Currently I have only media encoder, lightroom and photoshop installed. And all thre give errors. Even got message that creative cloud wasn't able to write.

although everything was installed with run as admin. And current user has admin rights. Nothing has changed with rights etc. Virusscanner is default windows defender and I disabled everything and still the error remains.

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did full virus scan sweep, another uninstall and still same problem..
Looks like problem has been around for years with adobe:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-cannot-start-because-it-cannot-create-fil...

lightroom installed now and get same message.
Photoshop crashes on measuring memory..

Other apps can write to temp folder without problem

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled all the latest updates from windows, completely disabled windows defender, but still errors.

Run as admin doesn't work for lightroom, so this is not a solution. lightroom even crashes when run as admin as it can't write to temp. (while security on folders is ok)...

When googling I see this problem has existed for many years already on many different versions of Creative cloud and windows dating back to win 7 and even sometimes on the mac version. Even in the adobe community forum you can find dozens of these errors as well as on reddit. The only solution adobe ever gives is to "run as admin" or check directory access for the current user and set everything on full control, which is a workaround that doesn't even work for all apps. (like lightroom)

Probably the only solution that actually works, is completely formatting harddisk and doing a complete reinstall of everything on your computer. That will cost me at least a day probably 2 that I can't work, or mae any money, but still adobe doesn't fix this problem..

Please adobe, for the 800 or so euro a year we pay for your software, you should think such a common and big problem is to be addressed by you.

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listing stuff I've tried to fix this problem for future reference, but sadly to no effect...

- killing and disabling all antivirus apps (group policies / regedit for windows defender)
- repair / reinstall of all libraries C++
- run all windows updates
- complete uninstall, adobe cleaner tool, clean all dirs by hand and doing reinstall of CC
- DISM windows in admin mode command console
- SFC windows same as above
- uninstall latest 5 updates from windows
- install older versions of photohop or lightroom cc
- give full permission control to all relevant dirs
- run as admin (works for photoshop but not lightroom CC)
- reset preferences for each app
- run app with CTRL ALT shift pressed
- manually cleaning all temp dirs

- use windows disk clean
- disabling all windows extensions and other programs
- run in safe mode (still same problem)
- multiple reboots
- resetting bios settings

My last chance is to update windows 10 through media creation tool, see how that differs from windows update..

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update on progress, even a full clean install off windows 10 using recovery partition, didn't solve the issue.
Already had two tech support guys in total of 3 hours check my computer, stettings and doing the same install / reinstall routine that I already tried. 

A conclusion as I've seen the problem on different systems and versions of CC. The problem can only be caused by windows update or adobe update maybe in combination with some hardware. All other options are ruled out so far. And there is no solution yet.

Tech support adobe (India) are doing their best, and will get back to me as soon as they know more... But for know, the problem remains.

Side effects on run-as admin problems are :
- no drag and drop support on any of the adobe apps from windows
- creative cloud files will only sync if you first quit creative cloud app, and rerun as admin as well.

www.anymotion.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines