Highlighted

Since updating lightroom to 9.2.1 it wont open

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Since updating my LightroomClassic from 9.2 to 9.2.1, I can no longer open it. My computer comes up with an error message saying:

"The Lightroom catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened because another application already has it opened. Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch".

I only have one Lightroom open and clicked it like normal. I have tried several times, making sure I don't have anything related to Lightroom open on my computer.

Please could someone help! I use Lightroom for my work and can't work without it, so speedy advice is very welcome!

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Since updating lightroom to 9.2.1 it wont open

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Since updating my LightroomClassic from 9.2 to 9.2.1, I can no longer open it. My computer comes up with an error message saying:

"The Lightroom catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened because another application already has it opened. Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch".

I only have one Lightroom open and clicked it like normal. I have tried several times, making sure I don't have anything related to Lightroom open on my computer.

Please could someone help! I use Lightroom for my work and can't work without it, so speedy advice is very welcome!

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a .lock file in the same folder as your catalog. Goto this folder in Explorer/Finder and delete this file.

Mor informations you'll find here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0