• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skipped update won't go away

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud showed me 2 updates for Photoshop, 21.2.9 and 22.4.2. I did the more recent of the two, 22.4.2, but CC keeps bugging me to install the earlier update. Is this necessary, and will I then have to reinstall the more recent update?

-David

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

It seems you have both PS versions 21 and 22 installed on your computer. Hence you are given an option to install updates on version 21 as well. If you want you can uninstall version 21 from your computer. You should be shown two PS entries in the installed apps section of Creative Cloud, uninstall version 21 and you should be good.

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you have both PS versions 21 and 22 installed on your computer. Hence you are given an option to install updates on version 21 as well. If you want you can uninstall version 21 from your computer. You should be shown two PS entries in the installed apps section of Creative Cloud, uninstall version 21 and you should be good.

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to work! No idea how I wound up with 2 versions. Looks like all my settings are intact. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud does give an option of removing the older version when updating to a new major version of the software. Make sure you check it during updates and it should work fine. However, I do suggest keeping the older version for a while to make sure that the new version does not have any bugs that could be a showstopper for your workflow.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines