Highlighted

Sloooooow internet: alternative links to download Photoshop? 2020

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some posts dating back a few years, but I can't find any recent ones: I'm in rural France with eye-bogglingly crap internet: I've renewed my Adobe plan and am eager to get started with new work on Photoshop, but cannot download it via the CC link/Photoshop installer. It just stalls at 20% if it even gets that far, and never gets going again. Please help, it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sloooooow internet: alternative links to download Photoshop? 2020

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some posts dating back a few years, but I can't find any recent ones: I'm in rural France with eye-bogglingly crap internet: I've renewed my Adobe plan and am eager to get started with new work on Photoshop, but cannot download it via the CC link/Photoshop installer. It just stalls at 20% if it even gets that far, and never gets going again. Please help, it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor sure if your problem is caused by your slow internet.

There has been a rash of posts about both CC desktop app and the actuall programs hanging during the download process.

Sorry but I don't have a solution.

If you go to Prodesigntools webpage you might find download links for the most current versions of the Adobe programs you need.

https://prodesigntools.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, well I'm not sure if I'm relieved or not, but I appreciate your reply. Is there some way of keeping track of fixes if it is a more general issue, other than just searching for replies to posts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the hanging problem is caused by something on the users computers. With both Windows and Mac OS they have placed restrictions on where certain files can be written to. Add to it all the AV and internet security software packages available that try to Protect you and end up causing a lot of problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crap. That's really bad news. Can you point me in the direction of any threads where I might find solutions? Although there's fat chance I'll be able to configure my machine. Is there Adobe support available for help with this, or just kind people here in the community? 
So frustrating: I just want to get on with my project! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll be glad to know the new 2020 standalone installers (for all CC apps) are now available from Adobe...

How to Get the Adobe Creative Cloud 2020 Direct Download Links

Customers who've had the "stuck/frozen Desktop app" problem are reporting no issues when downloading the offline installers via the direct links instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines