• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SO FRUSTRATED!!! Lightroom CLASSIC CC - where to purchase?????????? URGH! I hate Adobe Already

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is beyond frustrating. Downloaded and paid for the Photography Plan and got the Lightroom CC but turned out it's quite crappy. It doesn't have any of the modules as the Classic. So I cancelled my subscription so I can download the Classic CC. Now I want to purchase it and am unable to find it anywhere. When I click Buy, it takes me to the adobe page where I can only select the Lightroom CC plan (which is not the Classic). C'mon Adobe, why are you making your customers jump thru 80 hoops to pay you money??? I don't get it.

Can someone please help?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

The Photography Plan bundle for $10/mo is the best option.  Otherwise, you would pay $20/mo for just one app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you either bought LR CC which is the Cloud based version that does not have the same feature. Or you just installed the wrong version

You need LR Classic CC. Just install the Creative Cloud Desktop App and install LR Classic CC from that. And of course Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I purchased the CC with the cloud base and when I realized it's not the Classic CC, I cancelled my subscription. Now I'm just trying to buy ther Classic CC but it's not available. All Im seeing is the Lightroom CC, not the Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see under the Individual Plan there are two options:

Lightroom CC with 1TB - $9.99 per month

Photography Plan with 1TB - $19.99 per month

- this includes Lightroom CC, PS and Lightroom Classic.

I guess my question is why can't I purchase a standalone app??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here! I just try to order Lightroom Classic CC; i don’t need Photoshop and do not need any cloud storage. Lightroom Classic CC standalone should be available for about 5$ max. Why Adobe will not make that possible? I will not pay for things i don‘t use. May be i have to switch to another software like ACDSee...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography Plan bundle for $10/mo is the best option.  Otherwise, you would pay $20/mo for just one app.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This anwers only a part of the question; this is what i mean:

I own a single licence just for LR6 since more than a year and for a fair price; now Adobe forces us to buy a more expensive plan, containing options/software we don‘t need!

So i think private users or hobby fotographers will have a cheaper option to get a license just for LR Classic only, in case that Adobe still need private customers in future.

btw.: the german rsp. switzerland shop webpage shows not the same text as the screenshot above! “Lightroom Classic CC“ is missing there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6  is sold on perpetual license.

Lightroom Classic CC is sold by subscription only.

While both apps are very similar, they are not exactly the same as LR6 will not be updated beyond 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Lightroom 6 and now have a new Mac. I DO NOT want to have to pay for it again and I DO NOT want to pay or a subscription for the rest of my life. Uggghhhh!!! What are some other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OPTION #1

Revert to an older OS that is compatible with LR6 and stay there forever. 

OPTION #2

Install an older OS on a 2nd volume or virtual machine to support LR6.

OPTION #3

Replace LR 6 with a CC Photography Plan that works with modern equipment.   Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having the latest software with free upgrades for as long as you remain a Creative Cloud subscriber.  A 1 year Photography plan costs only $10/month. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

OPTION #4

Replace LR6 with competing modern software from another company.  Your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, unless Adobe change their mind we are basically stuck with Lightroom 6 or we should accept to pay monthly which will ends up costing way more than the perpetual license..

From their perspective it may make sense, and may make sense for some type of users but unless they change their mind I'm gonna go with capture one at this point..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's not changing their business model and you're not stuck on LR6 unless you're living in a cave.  For an easy monthly payment of $10/ *USD*  you get Photoshop CC, LR CC, LR Classic CC, Bridge, Camera Raw, 20GB of cloud storage + mobile apps, free upgrades and other perks.  Honestly, I spend more than that on coffee drinks.  It's a great deal.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plan which include the desktop app for Lightroom is about 20 $ per month, which will be the equivalent of 240 $ per year

I don't know about you but I usually upgrade no more than every 2 or 3 years and I don't need anything else than Lightroom, so what they are offering is way way far from being a good deal to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

giordanos89861835  wrote

The plan which include the desktop app for Lightroom is about 20 $ per month, which will be the equivalent of 240 $ per year

In my part of the world, a  Photography Plan is USD $10/month.   See screenshot.   Maybe it's different where you live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's $19.99 per month for all that ... and some of us don't want anything but Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it was and is $10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were I live it costs 12 euros per month, which will make it 144 euros per year, which will be then 432 for the 3 years time frame.

My last upgrade to Lightroom 6 was 75 euros from Lightroom 4 which I had bought on April 2012, for the same thing I would have spent 720 euros, does this still seems convenient to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right.  But you didn't have Photoshop, Camera Raw, LR CC, free upgrades or any of the other perks & benefits that come with a Creative Cloud plan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still hope they change their mind since I got Lightroom since version 2.0, the monthly plan may good for you but for me it is really inconvenient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very unlikely that Adobe is going to change their business model. In fact, more business are moving towards the cloud based model. The Photography plan that Adobe offers is a great plan! You get Photoshop, Lightroom (CC & Classic), 20GB of cloud storage, and any updates! I understand that this might be a chance from what you are used to, but it's worth it

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.21.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

there is no way I will pay monthly to Adobe.

I am now looking for alternative like ON1 and other software coming on the market very soon.

therefore I should be Ok with v.6 until I buy a new camera.

this is not correct from Adobe the way they handle the update of Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines