• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific Installation Path is ignored

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation path I specified is ignored. But only for PS, PR, AE, ID ...
For Acrobat, XD, ME and others the installation path is accepted. I can live with it, but I'm surprised ...
TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the path?

kglad_0-1607014717434.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default path on Mac is /Applications/ … instead I use /Volumes/"Myname"/"Creative Cloud Apps"/

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-03 um 18.05.28.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should use one your harddrives in volumes, if you're going to start with volumes as your path.

p.s. how many hard drives do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internal drives shipped with the iMac: first 128GB SSD, APFS, named "OSX", second 1TB, HD, APFS, named "Dokumente" … 

Root drive is "OSX", so /Applications/ or /Volumes/OSX/Applications/ is the default folder for Applications.

Second drive is "Dokumente", (mounted as /Volumes/Dokumente/). In the Adobe CC panel is the folder /Volumes/Dokumente/Creative Cloud Apps/ assigned as App folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then i don't see a problem with that (though obviously some of the adobe apps don't like that path).

if it's a big enough problem, you could contact adobe support and see if they have any insight,

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the time for me!
Like I already wrote:
I can live with it, but I'm surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am too.  i thought you might have had a known path issue (network drive, root of a drive etc) and were lucky to get anything installed, but it looks like everything should have installed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines