Highlighted

Stolen Email Address used to open Adobe Account and charged Adobe Stock

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just learned that one my old email addresses that was stolen and hacked was used to open an adobe account along with others such as Amazon and Microsoft. I contacted customer service to report it. I  told them they need to remove this fake Adobe account asap since it was not me that opened it. I was also charged for Adobe Stock that I did not purchase. The customer service agent went on to tell me Adobe considers me the owner of this account. Really? I don't even recognize the credit card that was being used. I'm not paying for someone else to have access to an account that wasn't me. I have a valid Adobe account and gave that to the customer service rep. He still stated that I have to pay to delete the account. If I have to pay, I will discontinue every one of my accounts and never use it again. Microsoft and Amazon along with others immediately rectified their end. But hey if Adobe wants to support hackers then I guess I can't support Adobe. I read through other customer postings and this seems to be a big issue of hackers being able to open adobe accounts and charging people. I didn't even know until recommended by the FTC to go to every account I have and use all email address that were comprimised. Two email accounts exposed to the dark web. Both used in various locations to open fake accounts. Adobe has been the worse to deal with so far. Do these customer service reps know that they are putting Adobe themselves at risk for another major leak in data like 2013? I would think they would want to close these down asap to keep them from getting in. But maybe $ is more important. I'm super frustrated and not sure who to talk to now. I need help!

Topics

Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stolen Email Address used to open Adobe Account and charged Adobe Stock

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just learned that one my old email addresses that was stolen and hacked was used to open an adobe account along with others such as Amazon and Microsoft. I contacted customer service to report it. I  told them they need to remove this fake Adobe account asap since it was not me that opened it. I was also charged for Adobe Stock that I did not purchase. The customer service agent went on to tell me Adobe considers me the owner of this account. Really? I don't even recognize the credit card that was being used. I'm not paying for someone else to have access to an account that wasn't me. I have a valid Adobe account and gave that to the customer service rep. He still stated that I have to pay to delete the account. If I have to pay, I will discontinue every one of my accounts and never use it again. Microsoft and Amazon along with others immediately rectified their end. But hey if Adobe wants to support hackers then I guess I can't support Adobe. I read through other customer postings and this seems to be a big issue of hackers being able to open adobe accounts and charging people. I didn't even know until recommended by the FTC to go to every account I have and use all email address that were comprimised. Two email accounts exposed to the dark web. Both used in various locations to open fake accounts. Adobe has been the worse to deal with so far. Do these customer service reps know that they are putting Adobe themselves at risk for another major leak in data like 2013? I would think they would want to close these down asap to keep them from getting in. But maybe $ is more important. I'm super frustrated and not sure who to talk to now. I need help!

Topics

Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are saying. You say "I don't even recognize the credit card that was being used." But you also say "I'm not paying for someone else to have access to an account that wasn't me." Well, you won't be paying if it's not your card. And, if you cancel, isn't it charged to the card on the account? So, the thief pays and loses their account, which sounds like win/win. What you descibe sounds like the opposite of what I've heard about: a thief opens an account (in a new email) and then uses a stolen card to pay. But in this case it's your email, not your card? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something similar happen to me just the other day.

I had a charge on one of my CCs for a Hulu subscription on the 28th of January. I did not subscribe to Hulu so I called Hulu to ask how that got charged to my CC.

Come to find out the CC number that was used was from an old CC number that a little over a year ago had many fraudulent charges made to it and my CC company issued me a new number.

Not only that but the ZIP code that was used to sign up for this subscription wasn't even for my address that I have lived at for the last 16 years.

Calling the CC company they saw the charge and that it was made from that old number. I ask HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN???? The amswer they gave me was it had been deactivated for the merchant that supposedly made the fraudulent charges but not for anyone else just in case I had Auto payments set up for other places, like Adobe or my Cell Phone or whatever. I then had to Specifically say DEACTIVATE that number COMPLETELY.

I would contact your CC company and file a Billing Dispute on all of those charges and let them deal with it.

I will also place a request for an Adobe staff member to look into your post and possible have the correct Adobe department look into it.

Best of luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, sorry to hear about this issue. Unfortunately, we can't assist with billing, account and subscription issues on this forum.
Please contact Adobe chat Support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines