Highlighted

Student plan went from 19.99 to 29.99 after promising a Renewal Rate of 19.99

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent THIS EMAIL that contradicted that verbiage and decided to continue!!!  I just noticed the over-charge ... this is NOT cool and I would have NOT renewed at the elevated price.  On top of this, now I CANNOT quit without paying half of the elevated yearly rate.  Please refund or continue at the promised rate.  Thanks ...

The Terms and Conditions for Students and Teachers pricing  states that after the first year the price goes up to a standard subscription rate of US $29.99/month. Initially the first year annual membership is provided at reduced price of U$19.99/month. So the increase in charge is the correct price.
terms.png

Where you initially charged $19.99 a month back in September at the renewal time? Or immediately charged the $29.99?  I'd definitely recommend giving Adobe Customer Support a call / chat and ask for clarification. 

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Student plan went from 19.99 to 29.99 after promising a Renewal Rate of 19.99

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent THIS EMAIL that contradicted that verbiage and decided to continue!!!  I just noticed the over-charge ... this is NOT cool and I would have NOT renewed at the elevated price.  On top of this, now I CANNOT quit without paying half of the elevated yearly rate.  Please refund or continue at the promised rate.  Thanks ...

The Terms and Conditions for Students and Teachers pricing  states that after the first year the price goes up to a standard subscription rate of US $29.99/month. Initially the first year annual membership is provided at reduced price of U$19.99/month. So the increase in charge is the correct price.
terms.png

Where you initially charged $19.99 a month back in September at the renewal time? Or immediately charged the $29.99?  I'd definitely recommend giving Adobe Customer Support a call / chat and ask for clarification. 

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terms.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what the original agreement says.  I think what you mean to say is that they sent me an email that convinced me to continue with the membership under false pretenses ...  I don't sit around all day calling every company to make sure they are charging me enough, haha ... especially when they send an email and reassure me that my rate is staying the same.  No one comes online to help via chat ... I tried 3 times ... terrible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just dealt with this also. I'm dissapointed that they think college students have $30 a month to spend on creative products. I forced to try making different apps, websites,  videos with other products now. It was unfair. It wasn't a warning for me either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the Adobe site had a message on it that there were delays in responding to support queries. My best bet is that's caused by the holiday season and possible less staff on support.  I'm really sorry you've not been able to get through, and I agree with you that the email shouldn't have listed $19.99 indeed. Which is why I asked if you were charged $19.99 or $29.99 from September onwards.  Unfortunately your best bet is still to try and contact support. Let me know if you can't get through this week, and I'll see if I can get someone to follow-up by contacting them for you if possible (I'm only one of many volunteers helping out on forums, so don't have any means of helping you direct).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm late but for anyone having this problem: My student price was also increased but I spoke to an agent in the online chat and he was able to lower the price back down to the original $19.99 for another year. I have not been charged yet so fingers crossed he was actually able to do that.

I find it very deceiving and dishonest that Adobe is not more transparent about the price increase after one year. If he had not been able to do this I was ready to close my account with them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wasn't informed about the change. It is now $50 Canadian dollars for me and I think that's ridiculous amount for STUDENT pricing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be grateful for any student discount.  Otherwise you would pay full price like everyone else does

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well considering we are not yet professionals, not earning money from the work we do and have to learn said software to succeed in the industry I think student pricing is more than expected. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem as well. Adobe is now charging me $73NZD which is around $45USD. I think it is completely unfair for students to pay this amount. Every month when this billing comes through it makes me want to move further and further away from Adobe and I now lean closer than ever to cheaper better options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LinSims LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pricing plan for students makes it clear that the regular student rate (which is still discounted from the normal subscription price) comes into effect after the first year. 

You can always try talking to Customer Care and see if they'd be willing to give you the even-more-discounted rate again. There's no guarantee that they will. Be aware that there are staffing shortages because of the pandemic so your wait times on chat or on the phone will likely be very, very long. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines