• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription cancelled after trying to report suspect Desktop app crash report

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... I'm in the UK and while using my laptop with NO Adobe software open. I randomly got a "Crash report for Adobe Desktop service" Bear in mind please I had no Adobe product open at the time and my Desktop App is working perfectly. It asked me for my email address which Adobe already have... So I was concerned this might be a phishing scam... ?

I couldn't find anywhere to report scam or email a copy to Adobe so I contacted 'Chat' to ask for advice. In short.. the guy I chatted with treated me like I was talking Martian..he certainly didn't read my transcript... And asked me questions totally not related to my efforts to report a potential scam to Adobe..! After a time I politely ended the chat as it was going no-where...! Then I received an email saying my subscription had been cancelled !!!! I reluctantly contacted chat again where I was asked to ignore the email and that my subscription was re instated again..!!!

I use my Adobe products on a daily basis so you can see why I was getting concerned here..!

Sorry to bother you here.... but I hope a member of staff reads this      I have copies of the transcript and a screenshot of the crash report that wasn't really happening.... I think there should be some way to report these potential issues as well... Can anyone help ? Has anyone else had random crash reports for Desktop App when it really is working.....?

Thanks for reading...Gerry

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hi,

Sorry about your misfortune.

This is a user to user forum with some Adobe staff participation. So you may post the crash report or relevant parts of that here, editing out any personal information and someone will have a look at it.

I will also call in Adobe staff to check your current status and to check the transcripts so that you can be reassured that all is OK. Please post the case numbers here. They are not sensitive information but help staff to identify the chats you had.

If contacted via

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7 falt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for replying... I use MacBook Pro... There was actually no fault with Desktop app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about your misfortune.

This is a user to user forum with some Adobe staff participation. So you may post the crash report or relevant parts of that here, editing out any personal information and someone will have a look at it.

I will also call in Adobe staff to check your current status and to check the transcripts so that you can be reassured that all is OK. Please post the case numbers here. They are not sensitive information but help staff to identify the chats you had.

If contacted via PN, please make sure that the person contacting you has a STAFF badge and an Adobe logo ad the end of his name. Only those people are staff. No one other should contact you on this behalf. Every ACP/MVP or standard user with good faith will answer here.

There are some parts of Adobe Creative Cloud environment running in the background, so you may experience crash situations due to hardware or software problems.

Good luck.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo.... Many thanks for reading my post and confirming that it could just be a software or hardware problem running in the background. I have received a pm from Adobe staff..and have responded. Again thank you for forwarding my message. I am pleased to say my subscription is re instated and there seems to be no more issues and I have explained the situation to Rajashree. Kind regards... Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback! https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rajashree%20Bhattacharya is always helpful. She‘s doing a fantastic job.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerry,

You have an active subscription. I have left a PM for you. Please read & respond accordingly.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having same problem. I have tried to open creative Cloud and Lightroom, but get a crash report and the app then closes. I too thought it was some kind of phishing going on. Adobe lists my products but they are not loading at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines