• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter / Designer in Creative Cloud inclusive?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have the all in Creative Cloud Abo. Is there now Substance Painter and Designer inclusive?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

>> So is this coming to CC or not?

Seems not.

Adobe is offering the Substance suite of products as a separate subscription - not part of Creative Cloud.

https://www.substance3d.com/subscribe

https://gfxspeak.com/2019/11/11/adobe-introduces-substance/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. There may be plans to integrate this, but how and when has yet to be defined.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way too soon. Adobe only acquired Allegorithmic last week.

Adobe Acquires Allegorithmic, the Leader in 3D Editing and Authoring for Gaming and Entertainment | ...

From Adobe's announcement:

"...looking forward to sharing more details about how we’re incorporating Allegorithmic’s Substance tools into Creative Cloud over the coming months."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This acquisition comes at a bad time for me.  I was just about to purchase a stand-alone copy of Substance Painter.  I don't want to purchase a license if the product will be available on the creative cloud apps.  However, I need to use Substance Painter.  Is there any indication on a timeline to get the product into the Creative Cloud product line?

I have not heard back from Adobe on this issue yet via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any indication on a timeline to get the product into the Creative Cloud product line?

No. Adobe does not provide timelines on issues like that. You're unlikely to receive an email reply from them.

My guess would be later this year. Keep an eye on the various Adobe blogs such as the one I linked above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could try Quixel Mixer in the meantime. It is a free texturing app. I'm sure not as powerful as Substance but it may be able to get the job done for you. I am excited about this news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wonder if there are any updates about Adobe Substance Designer & Painter 10 months later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I've been wondering the same thing exactly. Looking forward to finally being able to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they even suggested that it would be part of it. I would have thought they would have mentioned it at Max 2019, but they didn't. Even though there was a whole presentation on Substance. I'd be stoked if they did add it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Month later, just to keep the chain going, I subscribe to Substance and CC. I would really love to know the answer to this question, but I have seen and heard nothing yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "what's included" in the Creative Cloud products list they say:

Substance
The industry standard for 3D painting and texturing.
Substance sold separately from Creative Cloud All Apps membership.

It appears they're not going to include it in their Creative Cloud suite, which is ridiculous. I would have thought an "All Apps membership" would include all apps, but what do I know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's REALLY annoying. I've been excited all over the year now about this acquisition and now I can't even use it :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a number of products that are not parts of the Creative Cloud and so aren't available under the Creative Cloud All Apps membership. FrameMaker, for one (that's my primary program; I'm a writer, not an artist). I don't know if there are plans to include Substance Painter and Designer in Creative Cloud or not, but from what you post it is at least still available for purchase.

I hope Adobe provides an update on this at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All apps" appears to be false advertising, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this coming to CC or not? Their initial twitter announcement implied this would be part of CC. https://twitter.com/creativecloud/status/1088076919139008513?lang=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> So is this coming to CC or not?

Seems not.

Adobe is offering the Substance suite of products as a separate subscription - not part of Creative Cloud.

https://www.substance3d.com/subscribe

https://gfxspeak.com/2019/11/11/adobe-introduces-substance/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then they can keep it. They already get enough of my money. It would be nice if I could get rid of the majority of apps I DON'T use and replace them with apps I actually want to use, but that won't happen since they have a virtual monopoly, and will likely continue to abuse their captive audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only a matter of time before the core competing apps overtake them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't thnak you enough for this link. I spent two days with Adobe chat and never got this far. I'm signed on to Substance and happy as can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm equally disappointed substance painter is not part of the cloud package I am paying for. I purposefully paid more for the comprehensive cloud package so I could avoid this type of shortcoming. Currently dissapointed in Adobe for not including substance painter or giving any clear idea of if or when it would be included in the cloud. Perhaps things are in flux and the situation will change, I hope so, this is unsatisfactory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, just keeping this thread going. its absolutely insane that we arent getting substance. like we have to eventually, if they did theyd get such a boost from it, and i know they just raised the price so like why the heck now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maxon offers a reduced c4d subscription rate for adobe creative cloud subscribers. It's not much, but one would think CC subscribers would at least get a discount for Substance licenses. Adobe and Maxon have a partnership whereas Substance is under Adobe ownership. The Substance annual license isn't too expensive, although subscriptions add up for those paying for separate modelling, rendering and texturing programs. Looks like the acquisition will only benefit A Corp in the end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate everyone's feedback, but please post your request for Substance being added to the Creative Cloud to the relevant Substance forum at https://forum.substance3d.com/.  

It is in a different business group than our digital media products, so if you want your voice to be heard then please post your request in a forum relevant to the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but does ANYONE think that will change things? While I appreciate your well meaning suggestion Jeff, your employer has about as much of a chance of adding Substance to Creative Cloud as they do creating a Linux version of CC. It ain't happening because you hold a monopoly position and are behaving as a monopoly.

Also, considering this post started right after the twitter announcement, that forum didn't exist as part of the Adobe family at the time, this one did and was relevant and this is where we all posted. Let us comiserate in peace, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines