Highlighted

Substance Painter / Designer in Creative Cloud inclusive?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have the all in Creative Cloud Abo. Is there now Substance Painter and Designer inclusive?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by John Waller | Adobe Community Professional

>> So is this coming to CC or not?

Seems not.

Adobe is offering the Substance suite of products as a separate subscription - not part of Creative Cloud.

https://www.substance3d.com/subscribe

https://gfxspeak.com/2019/11/11/adobe-introduces-substance/

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Substance Painter / Designer in Creative Cloud inclusive?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have the all in Creative Cloud Abo. Is there now Substance Painter and Designer inclusive?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by John Waller | Adobe Community Professional

Seems not.

Adobe is offering the Substance suite of products as a separate subscription - not part of Creative Cloud.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. There may be plans to integrate this, but how and when has yet to be defined.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2019 0
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way too soon. Adobe only acquired Allegorithmic last week.

Adobe Acquires Allegorithmic, the Leader in 3D Editing and Authoring for Gaming and Entertainment | ...

From Adobe's announcement:

"...looking forward to sharing more details about how we’re incorporating Allegorithmic’s Substance tools into Creative Cloud over the coming months."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2019 2
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This acquisition comes at a bad time for me.  I was just about to purchase a stand-alone copy of Substance Painter.  I don't want to purchase a license if the product will be available on the creative cloud apps.  However, I need to use Substance Painter.  Is there any indication on a timeline to get the product into the Creative Cloud product line?

I have not heard back from Adobe on this issue yet via email.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any indication on a timeline to get the product into the Creative Cloud product line?

No. Adobe does not provide timelines on issues like that. You're unlikely to receive an email reply from them.

My guess would be later this year. Keep an eye on the various Adobe blogs such as the one I linked above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could try Quixel Mixer in the meantime. It is a free texturing app. I'm sure not as powerful as Substance but it may be able to get the job done for you. I am excited about this news.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wonder if there are any updates about Adobe Substance Designer & Painter 10 months later?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I've been wondering the same thing exactly. Looking forward to finally being able to use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they even suggested that it would be part of it. I would have thought they would have mentioned it at Max 2019, but they didn't. Even though there was a whole presentation on Substance. I'd be stoked if they did add it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Month later, just to keep the chain going, I subscribe to Substance and CC. I would really love to know the answer to this question, but I have seen and heard nothing yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "what's included" in the Creative Cloud products list they say:

Substance
The industry standard for 3D painting and texturing.
Substance sold separately from Creative Cloud All Apps membership.

It appears they're not going to include it in their Creative Cloud suite, which is ridiculous. I would have thought an "All Apps membership" would include all apps, but what do I know...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's REALLY annoying. I've been excited all over the year now about this acquisition and now I can't even use it :'(

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a number of products that are not parts of the Creative Cloud and so aren't available under the Creative Cloud All Apps membership. FrameMaker, for one (that's my primary program; I'm a writer, not an artist). I don't know if there are plans to include Substance Painter and Designer in Creative Cloud or not, but from what you post it is at least still available for purchase.

I hope Adobe provides an update on this at some point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All apps" appears to be false advertising, no?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this coming to CC or not? Their initial twitter announcement implied this would be part of CC. https://twitter.com/creativecloud/status/1088076919139008513?lang=en

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 2
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then they can keep it. They already get enough of my money. It would be nice if I could get rid of the majority of apps I DON'T use and replace them with apps I actually want to use, but that won't happen since they have a virtual monopoly, and will likely continue to abuse their captive audience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 3
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't thnak you enough for this link. I spent two days with Adobe chat and never got this far. I'm signed on to Substance and happy as can be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm equally disappointed substance painter is not part of the cloud package I am paying for. I purposefully paid more for the comprehensive cloud package so I could avoid this type of shortcoming. Currently dissapointed in Adobe for not including substance painter or giving any clear idea of if or when it would be included in the cloud. Perhaps things are in flux and the situation will change, I hope so, this is unsatisfactory. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, just keeping this thread going. its absolutely insane that we arent getting substance. like we have to eventually, if they did theyd get such a boost from it, and i know they just raised the price so like why the heck now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maxon offers a reduced c4d subscription rate for adobe creative cloud subscribers. It's not much, but one would think CC subscribers would at least get a discount for Substance licenses. Adobe and Maxon have a partnership whereas Substance is under Adobe ownership. The Substance annual license isn't too expensive, although subscriptions add up for those paying for separate modelling, rendering and texturing programs. Looks like the acquisition will only benefit A Corp in the end...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate everyone's feedback, but please post your request for Substance being added to the Creative Cloud to the relevant Substance forum at https://forum.substance3d.com/.  

It is in a different business group than our digital media products, so if you want your voice to be heard then please post your request in a forum relevant to the application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but does ANYONE think that will change things? While I appreciate your well meaning suggestion Jeff, your employer has about as much of a chance of adding Substance to Creative Cloud as they do creating a Linux version of CC. It ain't happening because you hold a monopoly position and are behaving as a monopoly.

Also, considering this post started right after the twitter announcement, that forum didn't exist as part of the Adobe family at the time, this one did and was relevant and this is where we all posted. Let us comiserate in peace, lol.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, it's good to see someone from Adobe is aware of the grumblings. I appreciate your input. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Electrohermit! 

This feedback is important so please do utilize the Substance forum so that people involved with this software title will see it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing on here as I have a full Creative Cloud subscrition and I am curious as to when the Substance suite of products are to be available through my subscription not a seperate one.  In the UK it is illegal to write false or deceptive messaging on any advertising https://www.gov.uk/marketing-advertising-law/regulations-that-affect-advertising , I reference the section about "including false or deceptive messages". If I look at the Adobe Creative Cloud Plans & Pricing, which has first made sure I have gone to the United Kingdom section  https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/plans.html?, the "All Apps" opening text says "Get our entire collection of creative desktop and mobile apps and services for designing images, graphics, layouts, user experiences, video and audio for print, the web and mobile devices." Is Adobe trying to say that the "Substance" suite of software is not creative, then please someone let me know how?  When descriptive text reads that the package contains "...our entire collection..." I would really like to know how this cannot include the Substance software?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arrest adobe, we want some substance!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have misunderstood what Adobe is telling you. "All apps" refers to all the applications included in Creative Cloud, not all the applications owned by Adobe.

Adobe owns quite a few applications that are not included in Creative Cloud and are thus not covered by the Creative Cloud subscription plans. Substance appears to be one of them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going on the false claim as you can read says "Get our entire collection of creative desktop.....", at no point does it specify that the word "entire" has been redefined for this statement to mean just thoes select apps.  If you use Google and search "define: entire" the very first option says "1. with no part left out; whole.".  Therefore the assumption with the word "entire collection of creative.." in no way makes you think that it means all of the selected Creative Cloud apps, otherwise I would assume it shoud read "Get all of our Creative Cloud collection of creative...". 

I notice that in your statement of me misunderstanding you point out "All apps", but you missed out illustrating how the phrase "entire collection of creative.." can be limited, unless of course Adobe are not counting this as a collection of creative software?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said yourself: "Get our entire collection of creative desktop...". The suite is called "Creative Cloud". Those are the applications Adobe is referring to and considering you see that information on the pages for Creative Cloud, I'm not sure why you think they could be referring to applications that aren't included in Creative Cloud.

For whatever reason, at this time Adobe doesn't include Substance in the Creative Cloud and therefore it is not included in the All Apps subscription which is specifically for the applications included in the Creative Cloud.

As to why they don't include Substance, I don't know. I don't work for Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 1
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I looked at the 3D/AR page for Creative Cloud and it does list Substance as well as Medium. The page specifies that those two products are sold separately. So my apologies on that, but since that page says those products are sold separately, I don't think you're going to see it as part of the All Apps subscription any time soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer: by not including Substance to the CC, they can earn more
money by selling it separately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
null

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I looked at once that page says those products are sold separately, I don't think you're going  as part of the All Appsion any time soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0