Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestion for licensing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a suggestion for licensing and the leasing of licenses. I hate the pay-per-month, too. I mainly don't like it because I have nothing to show for it at the end of my contract. I have what I created, but if I don't have the software I used, it's a little pointless. 

Anyway, I'm not here to argue about that. What I would like to propose is a rent-to-own model. If I pay monthly for X amount of time, I get a perpetual license. If I want updates, I need to subscribe for a certain amount of time to be able to keep those updates. 

Something like what Splice does for audio software. 

Just a thought.

TOPICS
Activation , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

This is a user-to-user forum.  Nobody here has the power to change Adobe's policies or pricing plans.  Submit your feature request below where the decision makers will see it.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

For what it's worth, I don't think perpetual licenses are anything Adobe wants to get mixed up with again.  There are many complicated tax, accounting & legal reasons to stick with the subscription model.  Problems with piracy are another reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum.  Nobody here has the power to change Adobe's policies or pricing plans.  Submit your feature request below where the decision makers will see it.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

For what it's worth, I don't think perpetual licenses are anything Adobe wants to get mixed up with again.  There are many complicated tax, accounting & legal reasons to stick with the subscription model.  Problems with piracy are another reason.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

Gotcha. Thank you for the response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines