Highlighted

System requirements

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a laptop but I am bit strapped for cash. I was thinking about getting an older (2012 or 2011) Macbook pro. I noticed they do not have a graphics card. Will Adobe products work on these machines? Does any one have experience in with using one of these machines and creative cloud?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

The age of the Macbook Pro isn't the really crucial thing. Look at the version of macOS on them. If macOS is too old, current Adobe apps won't run (and old Adobe apps aren't available).  In addition, some functions will be disabled without a graphics card. Check the system requirements for EACH app you want to use; there is no generic answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

System requirements

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a laptop but I am bit strapped for cash. I was thinking about getting an older (2012 or 2011) Macbook pro. I noticed they do not have a graphics card. Will Adobe products work on these machines? Does any one have experience in with using one of these machines and creative cloud?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

The age of the Macbook Pro isn't the really crucial thing. Look at the version of macOS on them. If macOS is too old, current Adobe apps won't run (and old Adobe apps aren't available).  In addition, some functions will be disabled without a graphics card. Check the system requirements for EACH app you want to use; there is no generic answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to dig a little deeper and look at the specifications of the mac. Though as already mentioned, if your OS is too old, it's not going to run the new Adobe CC apps. Definitely check out the system requirements for ALL of the apps that you use and go from there!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have purchased Premier Pro yesterday and downloaded the software into my 15 year old computer.

The console has crashed down. At the moment, I would like to download Premier Pro to my new computer using the same email address. According to Adobe's policy I don't have access to download Premier Pro using the same email address becuase it is already "existed" in my old dead computer.

The call enter will be open only by tomorrow and I urgently need to compose a project for tomorrow.

What should I do?

Much appreciation,
Omer Barak

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate