• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Creative Cloud App crashes the WIFI network | Any ideas?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There!

I'm facing the following problem and I hope you can help me:

In brief, whenever I install the creative cloud app on my laptop (Acer, Windows 10), it crashes the wifi network for any device (e.g. mobile phone, another laptop, and even for the laptop that has the CC installed) that wants to connect to the network. 

What I could find out so far:

1. The only 2 solutions so far to get the WIFI network working again: Switching off the WIFI on the laptop that has the CC app installed or deleting the CC app from the system.
  2. The issue appears independently from the device. I installed the CC app on a brand new laptop (Asus, Windows 10) and the problem is the same.
  3. The issue seems to appear independently from other programs. The problem appears even after fromatting the laptop.
  4. Deleting the antivirus (Norton) doesn't work.
  5. The device that has the CC app will get internet only for around 5 seconds. Then it crashes everything. No internet via WIFI, ethernet connection or WIFI usb adaptor.
  6. The laptop that has the CC app installed, causes the same problems to other WIFI networks.
  7. The problematic laptop can connect without any problems to a mobile hotspot.

Do you have any advice on how to overcome these issues?

Thanks a lot,

Yannick

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wifi crashes like , is the Windows pops up error when it happens? or simply Wifi connection gets disconnected?

or Does the Windows go to BSOD screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there is no error message at all. At one moment after installing the creative cloud app, the Internet connection stops working. That means, the device appears connected with a full signal but no page will load. It goes forth back like this: I delete the CC app it works again, I install it it stops working.

Interestingly all other devices that try to connect to the WIFI network will have the same problem of pages no loading.

Right now, I have the CC apps on a laptop installed that I keep offline and not connected to the WIFI. This is the only way to have both, the apps running and keep the WIFI working. But, honestly, it's not a very convenient solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem with the latest Mac update. I have a book going to print this week so any URGENT help would be very appreciated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve? I have the same problem right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, my wifi adapter crash everytime I open Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have exactly the same symptoms

- ACER laptop?

- No error message

- Entire Wifi Network is not working?

Which laptop? What Wifi network device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to fix it cause i am facing exactly the same problem now and i can't find solutions that really work!! It's driving me crazy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, this just started after years of using CC fine.

I've tested this 4 times now and it works every time: Adobe Creative Cloud shows an update available for Photoshop. I click the blue "update" button. Within about 10 seconds I lose all connectivity. All devices in the home go offline. The Adobe update fails and says I'm offline. 

The only way to get comnected again is restarting the router. I have also restarted my PC and tried again and gotten the same behavior. Router: Orbi Model RBR750 ("RBK753S"), connected to AT&T Fiber. I updated to Win11 last week. I can run speed testes and other large downloads fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same issue right now! I also have the exactly same router RBK753 from Costco and I am also using AT&T fiber. I restarted everything and finally traced the issue down to Adobe creative cloud when installing Photoshop. I am not sure why this happens but it seems the Adobe installation process overloaded the router, the response time of the router increases before finally stuck.

Screenshot 2022-01-04 213858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue on Macbook Pro but only when I lauch XD (which uses the creative cloud interface for file handling - Photoshop, Illustrator, etc all launch as apps on the Mac)
Highly annoying as XD is the only one I actually need a live connection to work on!!!

Anyone get any response from Adobe about this issue? Any solutions?

Thanks all, I know this is extremely frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There continues to be an issue with the Creative Cloud installer application. If updates are availble and I go and chose to update an app manually, it seems to crash the router (a Netgear product) to the point where I need to go and power cycle the router before things are back up and running again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines