Why does the creative cloud continually log out for no reason forcing me to re-enter my login info when I want to use an app? I curse Adobe every time this happens and it happens a lot. This has gone on for years with no fix available. Invariably, I will be trying to get something done in a hurry only to find out that Adobe won't let me open my apps without re-logging back in. Why can't it... you know ...save my login and password like literally every other program out there. It shouldn't be that hard to fix... Does Adobe need to hire some new programmers? Has anyone out there had luck with Affinity Publisher, Photo, or Designer?
I'll preface this by given the specific details of an end users problem I had today in case it lines up with what someone else is seeing.
Computer: Macbook Pro (2019)
OS: Catalina 10.15.7
CC Version: 2020 and 2021 (Updated in the middle in the event the issue was with versioning)
- If you attempted to sign in to Creative Cloud, the login page would spin for a few seconds (10ish) and then land you on a "You have been signed out" page. This page had a 'Sign In' button. Clicking 'Sign In' would let you into CC.
- Once I was in I could open any program, I tested with InDesign as that's where the end user was seeing the issue. I would be able to use the program for about 5 minutes and then Adobe would sign me out. I noticed this as all of the fonts in use would revert to Times and throw a warning about the fonts. In the CC Desktop window you would see that you had been signed out. Attempting to sign back in would start the process over again.
- I tried all of the things you'll come across in the other forum posts. (Rename OOBE, Uninstall/Reinstall, delete opm.db, check for updates, etc) none of them worked for me
**- I finally deleted all entries from the keychain that were related to Adobe, not just the two mentioned in the above link.
- When I relaunched I was able to log in on the first try, and Adobe has yet to sign me back out.
- I noticed that not all of the secure notes that were in the keychain came back after getting back into everything. This makes me think the issue had to do with a leftover credential that Adobe is still accessing during a auth check.