• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too expensive

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to purchase the full Cloud, $50/m, most likely US - I don't own a copy of the software, its rented, and I can only run it on 2 computers - this is out of my budget. A Single app costs half the price of ALL the apps and is even more of a rip off price. Yes, I make some of my income doing editing, but only some. And I will not get my money back. So what are my options?

This is what I have going on. I have 2 systems that do video capture. And one system that I use in a studio for editing. Every gig I have to copy the files over to the editing machine to work on them. If I could have the editing local to the machine, it would save a TON of time and energy. But its got to be affordable. And the creative cloud is not affordable.

I own a copy of Premiere CS5.5, and it is loaded on the studio machine.

Are these copies backward compatible? Could I edit in the new version and import into the older version.....I doubt it.

Could I buy older version of Premiere at a big discount? I don't need templates, or training or lots of fancy stuff that I will not use and don't want to pay for. I just need to do basic editing.

Suggestions?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

you can install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud  on as many computers as you own and use it to install all (or some, if you want) your cc subscriptions.  the only (insignificant for internet connect computers) limitation is that you can sign-in (and therefore start your adobe programs) on, at most, two computers at any one time.

you can open cc versions of products in older adobe programs but, of course, none of the features supported in the newer v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud  on as many computers as you own and use it to install all (or some, if you want) your cc subscriptions.  the only (insignificant for internet connect computers) limitation is that you can sign-in (and therefore start your adobe programs) on, at most, two computers at any one time.

you can open cc versions of products in older adobe programs but, of course, none of the features supported in the newer versions will be available in the older versions.

and adobe no longer sells older versions.  with a subscription, you can install and use versions from cs6 to current and future (as long as your subscription is active) versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pricing is ABSOLUTELY UNNACCEPTABLE for an individual designer (Im talking from an eastern Europe perspective). I have to save up 1/3 of my above average monthly salary to keep up.

Bills are higher each year without any notice nor reason. Updates add "security" malvare instead of fixing bugs and the "support" is a joke, clearly nothing more than outsourcing a random call center.

Dishonest services like this, with shady goals and even worse attitude must be the worst direction possible that Adobe could have taken. Im sad to say, as I work with these products for more than 10years now and respect and enjoy them very much, Adobe expects us to pay AND support eachother so they can sit back and enjoy the money(? - Im really asking here, what is the point besides money, is there one?). Frankly: Im not fine with that, and dickery like this is already pushing too far in a society around us, it will blow up in Your faces as well, very soon. Fu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe price deciders,

I have been buying, using and training users on Adobe products since your very first piece of software...a very long time. I am now in my late 70s and long-time retired. I do not have income to pay your monthly fees. All my work is now volunteer for my CLL support group and a variety of senior activities and organizations. Because I purchased and still am able use Creative Suite 6, I cannot update my Apple software which is already causing minor issues ... with more to come. There should be a solution to this expensive problem for us who have spent mega bucks over the last 3-4 decades and are now being abandoned. I could go back to Quark who gives a Lifetime License — No Subscription. I would prefer to stay with Adobe but the fees are too high for me. Please do not forget about us Adobe evangelicals who helped get you into so many offices. Maybe you could update Creative Suite 6 to work with the new systems. I cannot update past 10.11.6, El Capitan on my newest laptop without losing Adobe compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

francc1  wrote

Maybe you could update Creative Suite 6 to work with the new systems. I cannot update past 10.11.6, El Capitan on my newest laptop without losing Adobe compatibility.

That will not happen and Adobe is not responsible for Apple to make older programs incompatible with newer systems. If you would have taken the decision to work on a windows PC, CS6 would still run on a now current OS.

As for the pricing: Even if you could buy a perpetual license that one wouldn't come cheap. And you would need to buy a new license because of your OS.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not responsible to Apple of course, but they could do it out of respect for their purchasers. My version 6 became "obsolete" (for lack of a better word) just a few weeks after I purchased it when the Cloud version was introduced.

No interest in going backward to a PC or spending even more money purchasing a new computer and one more CS6 suite for it.

I still prefer Adobe offer a reasonable price for long-time, senior users who aren't earning a living from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

francc1  wrote

My version 6 became "obsolete" (for lack of a better word) just a few weeks after I purchased it when the Cloud version was introduced.

There were for sure still maintenance updates proposed. And as I said, you made the wrong choice of OS.

francc1  wrote

I still prefer Adobe offer a reasonable price for long-time, senior users who aren't earning a living from it.

That will not happen. Adobe products are designed for the professionals. They are not cheap. I agree. But there is no reason to use those sophisticated programs if you do not use them for professional use. My personal drilling machine is not designed for professional use and she does not cost the same as professional material used for non-stop use. That's mechanical, I agree, but the same is true for my computers at home and at office. And the software I use at home and at office.

There are no 20 solutions. Either you pay the price, because you want to have the equipment and the software or you use something less pro for less cash.

And it's not that I don't understand. I would probably go back to something less sophisticated if I would not use this for earning my life.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only does Adobe overcharge for the use of the software, but they even continued to bill me after I asked them to STOP !

I had to plead with customer service (after a 20-minute hold time) to stop billing me.   They even confirmed that my services had been discontinued, but I was still being billed!

This is a scam!   What a disgrace for such a large and wealthy company to stoop to fraudulent billing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve been using Photoshop and Illustrator professionally for 15 years. Adobe CC is a fantastic product. But sadly, the Creative Cloud subscriptions are simply too expensive for many professionals--even the student rate! And with the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s out of the question for a lot more individuals and companies. 

Over the last few years, we've seen a flurry of activity on the part of competitors to create (way) more affordable, professional-quality alternatives, which keep improving. We hear reasoning for Adobe's high prices such as piracy and its being professional-quality, but the more likely reason is: Because They Can. No other competitor currently fills that niche, giving Adobe a quasi-monopoly situation. Plus, a generation of designers grew up with it so they're used to it.

But here's the thing. Designers today (especially the younger generation) can't afford Adobe’s high prices. Faced with Sophie’s (Software) Choice, they’re increasingly opting for more affordable competitor software. Fast forward a few years, when these designers are now heads of design teams and making software licensing decisions: they’re going to pick the software they're familiar with. If Adobe doesn't see the forest for the trees soon, and lower its prices to something that allows people to pay for it--without having to default on their student loans--those design directors won’t be choosing Adobe; the competitors will start to reap the benefits of their lower pricing, leaving Adobe with a steep uphill battle to fight to reclaim the market penetration they experience today.

That said, I still believe Adobe is a great product. I don't think they're intending to be greedy or keep the product available only to the wealthy, and I would like to see them succeed in their mission of bringing excellent software to elevate the design profession. I challenge them to find a creative solution to restructure the budgets in a way that allows them to make Adobe a possibility for more individuals and small businesses. I know they can do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines