• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many versions on my computer

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have the Creative Cloud and all its applications from CS6 and 2015 up to now on my computer. How do I get ONLY the current applications without ruining the programs. I am thinking abount uninstalling every single one then reinstalling the current one, but it seems like that is going to take me forever. Any thoughts or tips? Thank you very much in advance!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you happy with the newest version you can uninstall all older versions without any problems.

On every main update you have to options when you install the update. Delete or keep the older version. Keeping the old version makes sense if you have plugin which you are not sure that runs with the new version. 

More informations you'll find here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/multiple-photoshop-versions-installed-on-the-computer/td-p/...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/multiple-versions-of-photoshop-installed/td-p/111885...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valerie, Do not delete CS6. Adobe has decided to give everyone who bought the older versions a big ol F.U. and has stopped support meaning your digital copies are null and void  if something ever happens to your computer or your installation discs. Cs6 creative suite is all of the products without re quiring you to pay the outrageous monthly fees to keep using the software you already paid for.  My Suggestion  is to download all of the software you have and save it onto external discs or a hard drive. Adobe wont help you and only wants the money the new subscription service requires.  The Creative cloud will implement a "kill all" kind of user script to disable the old standalone software. I am just so angry with adobe... Its theft in my opinion not allowing us to use what we paid for.  😞 Never delete those programs... My computer died and because my house burned down in 2015 and i lost my install discs and laptop and backups... IM S>O>L>   😞  my codes are useless if i cant install the programs and they do not provide them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't correct. The only what has happened is that Adobe has removed the installations files for older version from their public websites. If you have buyed older versions (ex. CS6) from Adobe you'll find the files under your Adobe account.

Otherwise you can contact the Adobe support for the appropriate downloads.

The activation server for CS6 are still running.

BTW: If you have a subscription of the CC version you don't need CS6 anymore. In addition, the older versions are no longer compatible with the newer operating systems and can sometimes no longer be installed, e.g. with the latest MacOS versions  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working for a kitchen images for my client. Client is asking to redisgn product images and add a trasparent look to each product. Which is the best version to edit images in transparent way? Link is given below.

Thanks in Advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use the latest version of adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working for a kitchen images for my client. The client is asking to redesign product images and add a transparent look to each product. Which is the best version to edit images in a transparent way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which is the best version to edit images in a transparent way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines