Highlighted

Tracking Usage of Licenses

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a forty user license of Adobe Creative Cloud spread over three sites.

We have many freelancers coming and going. My question is that: is there a way to tell when an account license was last used?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tracking Usage of Licenses

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a forty user license of Adobe Creative Cloud spread over three sites.

We have many freelancers coming and going. My question is that: is there a way to tell when an account license was last used?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 01, 2018 1
Guide ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No it is not possible because the software can be used offline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arij2010  wrote

No it is not possible because the software can be used offline.

Well that's not a reason. Statistics can be collected and send when the computer is on-line. And you need to be on-line every 90 days or so.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

-https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/creative-cloud-teams.html for Team help

This link brings you to customer care...as Spock says: fascinating!

Regards,
Abambo

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Creative Cloud for teams, I do not see an option to get usage statistics.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Creative Cloud teams or Enterprise, you get access to the Admin dashboard which allows you to track licenses and usage deployments. You have to be under a teams account agreement to see this.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kstohlmeyer1  wrote

With Creative Cloud teams or Enterprise, you get access to the Admin dashboard which allows you to track licenses and usage deployments. You have to be under a teams account agreement to see this.

I'm in! I see who accepted the invitation to join. No more information is shown.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 1
Guide ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way to know when a license was used .When you launch a machine ,CC desktop contact Adobe servers but it doesn't mean that you used the applications .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
Guide ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I explained before, no statistics are visible. Even Adobe does not have these statistics. Adobe can not tell you for example "You used Photoshop today for 3 hours from 8am to 11am". They do not have this information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2018 0
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your concern is having freelancers using licenses after they have left, you can use this console to remove their access to the license and redeploy it to a new user.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2018 0
Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understood the OP, it’s more seeing if the software is used by a person who has a license attributed. Some people are treating having access to a program as a priviledge without knowing how to use that one.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is about utilization of resources.    How many licenses do I need?   What is the most effective means of deployment and acquisition?    Named User?    Device?    Is someone tying up a license but never using it?    These are statistics Adobe should be providing us - but - will likely wont.  .   The information - if it were available  -  will generally grind in one direction which is not accretive to their increasing revenue stream(s).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your need, but I do not see any user software providing this kind of accounting. I have to say that it is a while that I’m not involved in system management anymore. But even at the times and with expensive resources this was always a task that was left to specific accounting software on computers.

I once wrote a program to collect that user data from the OS logging system to distribute the computer costs to the different users and projects, but that was 30 years ago.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fascinating and somehow concerning that we are told we have come so far and so fast that software engineers are telling us they will drive us around the town or thru the sky  - with no one at the wheel . . . . .BUT -  they CAN'T tell us if someone is making use of a given software resource.   I'm wondering which of these two claims is accurately reflective of our real world capabilities. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application program never collected that data, except it was part of the package. Usage logging was always part of the OS and accounting that usage was part of a utility either coming with the OS or a third party program.

Software asset management - Wikipedia

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, at one time - a license was controlled as a serialized key - imprinted on the back of a jewel case.  We've advanced tech on many fronts - but, for whatever reasons -  not the one which is ultimately to the benefit of the customer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 0
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that Adobe should be allowed to track my CC usage more than is needed to full fill my contractual obligations. Anything else would be a grave privacy breach.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help to some extent. As a System administrator for Teams/Enterprise, you can download detailed reports on how end users are working with corporate assets, such as folders, files, and libraries. These reports are called content logs

See here also:

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/users.html#Exportuserdata

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2019 0