• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer programs to new computer

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am buying a new computer, better able to handle my multiple Adobe Programs.  I know that transfering programs from one computer to another is not easy, but it can be done.  I need some tips, such as which .exe files actually will initiate an installation. Both computers (new and old) are Windows 10 desk tops.

Are any "keys" needed to prove that I am not just giving the programs to a friend?

Programs are: Premiere Pro CC 2020 and 2018,  Photoshop CC 2020 and Acrobat.  I have discs for Encore CS5 and after Effects CS6.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer after writing this.  Programs can be redownloaded onto the new machine.  Thanks, and I will get back if there are problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot copy programs from old PC to new PC.  It won't work.

You must run the installation routines from discs or downloads to edit upper registry files on your operating system.

Keep in mind that legacy Creative Suite software is no longer supported or updated to run on newer operating systems.  It might work or it might not.  You're on your own.

The latest versions of Creative Cloud (2019 and 2020) are compatible with the latest operating systems.

You get those by signing-in to your paid Creative Cloud plan and downloading & installing the CC Desktop app below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines