• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Photoshop CS5 between computers...

Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to transfer Photoshop CS5 between computers without the disk? I bought a new laptop and need to transfer my software from one computer to another. I have my serial number but can't locate my disk.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

you can download CS 5 from here : http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html 

Make sure you follow all the steps before you begin download.

After downloading it, you can install and activate using your serial key.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the trial version and use your serial number with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a download available for CS5? I've looked on the adobe website and can only find CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can download CS 5 from here : http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html 

Make sure you follow all the steps before you begin download.

After downloading it, you can install and activate using your serial key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if i don't have the serial key? i got the programs as a gift from my High school teacher and need to move them from my laptop to my mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joerjr66 if your serial number is registered under your account it can be found at http://www.adobe.com/.  You can find more details at Find your serial number quickly - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. My high school teacher gave it to me as a gift, but I don't have the serial number or the disk and I just got a new laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did your teacher gift you exactly? A download link?

Without the serial number, the software will not work for more than 30 days.

Also, if you have received the Educational version then that is a breach of the License agreement since the Edu version is non-transferable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think she gave me the educational one. I was able to find my serial number!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the links are dead. I cant install my legal copy of CS5. Seriously, why did Adobe removed the trial versions of CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By

using the other computer copy the all DVD files to the flash drive.

Use the same flash drive to install the software for your Mac.

Also if needed please copy the files from flash drive to troubleshooting computer and start the installation from copied files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about CS5 for MACS?? These are PC files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Settermom you can find the retail installation files for Creative Suite 5 at Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products .  The installation files for both Windows and Mac OS are available on this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks… It appears that I have Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student and Teacher edition. I cannot get the download to accept the serial number from that… Suggestions??

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 and CS5.5 are two different products with different serial numbers.

The CS5 installer will not accept CS5.5 serial numbers.

For CS5.5 Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, not sure yet, but that’s because we seem to be having Internet issues, and the download says it will take 5-6 HOURS!

Still working on it.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do the same thing (install CS5 on new computer with serial number only). I follow the link provided by Sumit_Singh but it takes me to a general page, and I don't see a CS5 download anywhere, only Photoshop Elements. I search CS5 as well and can't find it. Where is the exact link to download CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines