• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried install Elements 2021. died 10% thru. Retrying, at 2% says Error 113 - Can't Connect to Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a user of Elements 2020 and a former user of 2019.

Today, I bought Elements 2021 and tried to load it on Windows.  After SLOWLY crawling up to 10%, I closed Firefox and suddenly the install stopped.  I didn't think I needed to keep Firefox open, but maybe it needed me to be logged in?  Or maybe it was a coincidence?  Anyway, I logged back into Adobe in Firefox (even though it seems unrelated) and restarted the .exe file.

Now every time it gets to 2% installed, it konks out with "Connection Lost: We are unable to reach Adobe servers.  Please check your internet connectivity and firewall settings, then try again. (Error Code 113)."

Clearly, from the fact that I can post this, I have internet connectivity.

And there's certainly nothing that I changed about my firewall or virus protection (Kaspersky) from the time I got it to 10% (like an hour ago) til now.  I've tried rebooting and that didn't help.  I've tried downloading the exe a number of times and no improvement with any attempt to run any of them.

I wondered if somehow the fact that it got 10% of the way through is messing things up, but I don't see any folders in C:\Program Files\Adobe for 2021 like I do for 2020 and 2019, so unless it's trying to load it someplace else, it doesn't seem to have created anything in the time it bombed.  I still see "Elements 2019 Organizer" and "Elements 2020 Organizer" folders out there.

Screen prints of the error message and my file structure are attached.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't really get how downloading it via Chrome instead Firefox would make any difference, but I tried and the results were the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1627035554709.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you confident that your internet connection is stable? Any browser, including Edge, Chrome, and Firefox should work. It's never loading the installation files into the final installation directory. That one is created after downloading and starting the installation. Standard download directory is Downloads but looking at your Windows Window design, you are still running something like Windows 2000, so that may be different for you.

BTW: look into your hosts file to see if there are no Adobe related entries.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines