• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried to restore 2018 version lost in computer crash, can't do it.

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought PhotoShop in 2018.  My computer crashed this year and deleted my files.  When I bought it in 2018 I was told I owned the file - I did not need a disc to prove it or have a disc sent to me.  I tried to get it straightened out online by reloading 2018 but instead they gave me a "trial" and now I have 2021 on my computer, which I neither want or need.  I am 74 years old and just play with PhotoShop occasionally, but it's nice to touch up photos of grandchildren, flowers and an occasional animal I see when hiking. Oh, and I also raise feral kittens and post photos of them on Facebook.  That's the extent of my interest, and it is crazy to delete my 2018 program when you can get into my computer.  Trying to find this customer service link was virtually impossible. Yes, if you know where to look it's easy, but I didn't know where to look.  I am not computer literate.  I can't find any passwords, etc.  We put a new floor in the den and everything, all the files, etc. were taken apart and moved.  Please just restore my 2018 version.. I can't make a monthly payment, espeially since I already purchased all I need.  Thanks, Arlynn R. Grimm xxxxx

[Moderator] 

[personal information removed per policy -  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/email-signatures-and-personal-informati... 

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information] 

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNING Adobe WILL NOT  contact you. If someone contacts you offering to fix things up or sort out you software, they will be a scammer and your problems may get MUCH worse. Please be very careful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you mean PhotoShop? If you've buyed it in 2018 I think it's Photoshop Elements.

Which version of Photoshop you buyed exactly?

Where do you have buyed your software?

If you have buyed it from Adobe please take a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arlynn,

Just to make it a little easier for you and adding to @AxelMatt 's excellent reply, here's a more direct link to the instructions you need to follow:

Download older versions of Adobe apps

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines