• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Opening CS 5 after copying folder back to iMac post reformatting hard drive

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I copied my CS5 folder onto a external hard drive before reformatting my iMac hard drive. I copied the CS 5 folder back to the iMac post reformatting. I am now experiencing error 6 whilst opening all my CS 5 apps. I do not remember where I have saved the installation keys also. Please advise how I can overocme this issue. Thanking You in Advnace.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That almost never works.

First remove old CS files with the Adobe Cleaner tool. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Next re-install with your original disks or downloads.   The installation routine is necessary to edit high registry system files.  Otherwise, you can't use your software.

If you forgot your serial number, you might find it in your Account Portal.

Please log-in to your account below.

https://account.adobe.com/products

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not every program can be migrated by copying over the installed folder on a Mac. During installation some programs copy/write files at different locations which you might be unaware of and hence did not copy over, so the program breaks. Adobe applications fall in this category, you can't copy them over. Nancy has provided you the steps that you should try, in addition i would suggest you make sure the OS on which you are trying to install is the recommend version else there is no guarantee the app will run properly

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines