Highlighted

Trouble Uninstalling - adobe cleaner doesn't work

New Here ,
May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have Photoshop CC (2015) trial plus a few other apps. They all refuse to uninstall (through drop down menu on Creative cloud app) because of an encountered error during uninstallation.

They don't tell me what the error is and when I click the "more info link" it's a blank web page.

I've tried the Creative cloud cleaner but photoshop, media encoder etc etc does not show up. Only thing I can uninstall through cleaner is the Creative Cloud app.

I know they are on my computer because they show up in my programs list and start bar.

Any help will be great because they are taking up a lot of my needed disk space.

It has been years of trying but still no progress

Hi Marth41951160,

Sorry for the trouble that you had to face while trying to uninstall Adobe products from your machine.

As you have mentioned you have tried to uninstall the apps through the desktop app, CC Cleaner tool and control panel as well, however the uninstall fails with an error.

I would suggest that you manually delete the below mentioned folders to completely remove Adobe from your machine.

Delete everything that says Adobe on it from the following folders:

• Program Files > Adobe
  • Program Files > Common Files > Adobe
  • Program Files (x86) > Adobe
  • Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Adobe
  • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe
  • C:\Program DATA \Adobe

NOTE: This will delete everything related to Adobe from your machine.

Let us know if this helps.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble Uninstalling - adobe cleaner doesn't work

New Here ,
May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have Photoshop CC (2015) trial plus a few other apps. They all refuse to uninstall (through drop down menu on Creative cloud app) because of an encountered error during uninstallation.

They don't tell me what the error is and when I click the "more info link" it's a blank web page.

I've tried the Creative cloud cleaner but photoshop, media encoder etc etc does not show up. Only thing I can uninstall through cleaner is the Creative Cloud app.

I know they are on my computer because they show up in my programs list and start bar.

Any help will be great because they are taking up a lot of my needed disk space.

It has been years of trying but still no progress

Hi Marth41951160,

Sorry for the trouble that you had to face while trying to uninstall Adobe products from your machine.

As you have mentioned you have tried to uninstall the apps through the desktop app, CC Cleaner tool and control panel as well, however the uninstall fails with an error.

I would suggest that you manually delete the below mentioned folders to completely remove Adobe from your machine.

• Program Files > Adobe

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what os?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018 0
May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using your control panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error pop up still appears. The troubleshooting tips they gave me didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marth41951160,

• Program Files > Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018 1
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still face same issue , you may try Microsoft Fix it tool :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

If you still unable to remove installed apps , you may go for advanced uninstaller tools like Revo uninstaller , Your Uninstaller....etc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if i'm on a mac?  this is crazy...its installed but keeps on saying it needs to be installed 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

It worked like a charm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that. You're Welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2018 0