• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with CS4 download

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older MacBookPro, 2008, that was successfully running CS4, 2009. I had to reload OS 10.11.6, El Capitan, at the Apple store. Apple phone support had tried to fix a problem and created the reloading of OS. After reloading OS, when I tried to open Photoshop, I got a message "licensing for this product has stopped working. Error: 6". Tried to reinstall from original disk and got same message. Contacted Adobe and finally got The CS4 parts I needed from a download from them. When I tried to install I got a message saying the Serial Number was invalid. Adobe can't give me an answer as to why but said to try the Forum...so here I am...trying the community.

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your serial number must match your installation files.  ie, if you're using installation files from adobe in 2020 you can't use your original serial number from 10-20 years ago.

so, if adobe gave you a download link for the cs4 installation file(s) they had to give you the matching serial number and that's the one to use, not the one that came with your original installation files from years ago.

if you have the original installation files and original serial number, that would work.

also, if you originally purchased from or registered with adobe, the cs4 download links and serial number may be in your account.  in that situation, check your account using the adobe id used to purchase/register, https://accounts.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines