• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with custom domain [Adobe Portfolio]

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyring to direct my portfolio to my custom domain.  The host is Korax and they informe me that "

Please note that the DNS service doesn't allow for duplicate A records. Please check with your provider to determine which one to use for visualbass.com and www.visualbass.com."

These were my option provided by Adobe, which do I use?
RECORD TYPE HOST/NAME VALUE
A @ 151.101.0.119
A www 151.101.0.119
A @ 151.101.64.119
A www 151.101.64.119

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pick one pair. Use the first two lines maybe. Having two records gives extra safety so that if one part of the Adobe system fails, the other part can continue. But this is an option. (I know nothing about Portfolio, but this is general DNS). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your DNS provider's site should allow you to create four A records, 1 set for each IP address.  See screenshot. 

image.png

See Manually Configuring a Custom Domain for details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/216489627-Manually-configuring-a-custom-domain

Failing that, you should contact your DNS provider or transfer your custom domain name to another DNS provider that does support four A records like Network Solutions, GoDaddy or Namecheap.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tobias,

I had the save problem. I had two previous sites on my Adobe Portfolio that I wanted my exising domain names pointing to. At the time this was straightforward. However, I resently wanted a third site and Adobe must have introduced the two IP address thing.

My host can't add all four so I contacted Adobe and this was their reply:

"You actually do not need both IP address for your domain to connect to your website. As long as you have one of the IP addresses for both your "www" and "non-www" version of your domain, it can be connected to your website"

Gave me some confidence.

Hope that helps 🙂

Dayve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that my answer was correct. Good to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why Adobe can't let us know that it's optional as, it seems, there are more than one ISP who can't add multiple IP addresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be very helpful. Probably the person who wrote these instructions never had to deal with limited-service ISPs. Hope it gets updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably very true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines