• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to install lightroom 6 on windows 7 keep gettin os requirement not met windows vista not supported

New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Change the setup file compatibility mode to Windows 7 and run the setup file and check.

Right click on Installer file and select properties option.

Then click on Compatibility tab .

Set the OS to Windows 7 and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started with the registration was in my ex wife's name.  From 10 years ago. Then it was This is a very old version. Then I went on hold and SAT there and he went away

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can have a question about the free version the Adobe DC ... I'm thinking about uninstalling Adobe 8. In either buying or getting the free version Because I don't need anything elaborate anymore. When I downloaded the DC before When it was completed to change my browsers Into Adobe files And I couldn't get on the internet. Have you heard of this before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to be ile click on a file  It opens up the Adobe. But everything is locked up. Do I need to activate? When I open up task ManagerIt says Adobe Professional is not responding. But now I have Photoshop Lightroom 60A pop up screen just came up A problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Ok thank you very much I know I'm being a pain in the butt But I really would like to get this working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are fine ,. I am happy to help you.

besides I got no job to do hehe

Regarding,  Lightroom crash , follow below steps .

Refer below link and reset Preferences to default and check :

Restore preferences to default settings 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Appdata location :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

Appdata

It will open Appdata folder.

Still same?? let me know .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should open your own company fixing computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how I became here. But I think there is a good reason for it. What can I do with the programs and help to support it.

Kind regards

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 6 aug. 2015 om 18:44 heeft Brucgovn <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

trying to install lightroom 6 on windows 7 keep gettin os requirement not met windows vista not supported

created by Brucgovn in Creative Cloud Download & Install - View the full discussion

You are fine ,. I am happy to help you.

besides I got no job to do hehe

Regarding, Lightroom crash , follow below steps .

Refer below link and reset Preferences to default and check :

Restore preferences to default settings

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Appdata location :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

Appdata

It will open Appdata folder.

Still same?? let me know .

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7836303#7836303 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7836303#7836303

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is installed won't run just to a locked screen ... I was trying to download it again. Before the disk would ask for the Vista disk. I am running windows 7. So on net try to down load and it java is blocking 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What actually happening here is as the Acrobat Pro 8 is older version and Windows 7 is newer version operating system.

Reference :

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-acrobat-family-products.html

Older version installation requires Akamai Download Manager to install the apps.

Start the installer after downloading, Acrobat X, CS5.5 and earlier

But few users are successful in installing Acrobat 8 on Windows 7 : but most of them say It will not install

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1068679

https://forums.adobe.com/message/3063830

https://forums.adobe.com/message/2987455

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is to bad. .. I want to thank you for your time and effort. I think I'm going to use Windows. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony , if you wish you may install latest version Acrobat Pro  as trial and use it for free for 30 days , so that you can evaluate the application function on your computer

Download Acrobat products | Standard, Pro | DC, XI, X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tony Sibley

TSPM Property Management

tony_sibley@yahoo.com619-9811419

To: Tony Sibley <tony_sibley@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, August 7, 2015 6:41 PM

Subject: trying to install lightroom 6 on windows 7 keep gettin os requirement not met windows vista not supported

created by Brucgovn in Creative Cloud Download & Install - View the full discussionTony , if you wish you may install latest version Acrobat Pro  as trial and use it for free for 30 days , so that you can evaluate the application function on your computer Download Acrobat products

Standard, Pro

DC, XI, X . If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7841302#7841302 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7841302#7841302 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you need further help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can be sure of that. .. THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also let me know if you getting any error like

"libcef.dll" as the faulting module name ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back at my computer, I have Lightroom 6 open  The files on deploy, Package, Payload, Lightroom 6 read me And set up. You want me to delete all these And then where do I go to reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tony,

I was very frustrated. Googled how to on-line chat with Adobe. I verified I was using windows 7, had the correct amount of storage space and also using 64 not 32. I was then passed on to a tech who did a remote session and found the file that was saying I had Vista and changed it to day windows 7. It was a simple drop down box but I am also not a great computer person so I can't tell you with all his whizzing around the computer screen and drop down boxes where that file is. It was a very fast fix for him once I got through the hour long wait. I told him it should be posted on a support site somewhere so their customers didn't get so frustrated. I hope this helps

Stacie

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You ... yes I am ready to scream

Tony Sibley

TSPM Property Management

Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 1:31 PM

Subject: trying to install lightroom 6 on windows 7 keep gettin os requirement not met windows vista not supported

created by stacie34957 in Creative Cloud Download & Install - View the full discussionHello Tony,I was very frustrated. Googled how to on-line chat with Adobe. I verified I was using windows 7, had the correct amount of storage space and also using 64 not 32.  I was then passed on to a tech who did a remote session and found the file that was saying I had Vista and changed it to day windows 7. It was a simple drop down box but I am also not a great computer person so I can't tell you with all his whizzing around the computer screen and drop down boxes where that file is. It was a very fast fix for him once I got through the hour long wait.  I told him it should be posted on a support site somewhere so their customers didn't get so frustrated.  I hope this helps Stacie Sent from my iPad If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7837191#7837191 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7837191#7837191 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom 6 files you referred is the installation files do not delete those .

You need to double click on Setup file to install LIghtroom 6.

If you had deleted the files , you may re-download from below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I am not at home .. will do when I return. .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing .

At any point if you face any difficulties or have any questions , feel free to ask .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you that is excellent. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install Lightroom ... but the serial number will not work... the serial number I have is for my adobe acrobat 8 professional

Tony Sibley

TSPM Property Management

Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 7:19 PM

created by Brucgovn in Creative Cloud Download & Install - View the full discussionSure thing .At any point if you face any difficulties or have any questions , feel free to ask . If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7838162#7838162 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7838162#7838162 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat serial number will not work with Lightroom installation .

However , you can still install Lightroom as trial and use it for free for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What to see if it makes adobe work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding Acrobat Pro .

You can download it from below link :

Download Acrobat products | 9, 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines