• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to reinstall Adobe cs6 on High Sierra 2020

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

long ago, back when I was in college, I bought the adobe cs6 package. I recently updated to Catalina and my programs would work so I went back to High Sierra. The problem is, I am unable to restore cs6. I still have the box that I purchased it in and I believe i have access to the serial key but no matter where I go, I cant download cs6. Did Adobe just make it impossible to re download it even if you paid for it?

Please help!

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Adobe removed all public download links several months ago... you are going to have to use your original install discs

Even if the download links were available, your education serial number would not work with commercial installers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed all public download links several months ago... you are going to have to use your original install discs

Even if the download links were available, your education serial number would not work with commercial installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hindsight is 20/20.  It's a shame you upgraded to Catalina without checking compatibility first.  

At this point, you should go ahead and remove the aged out student edition of your 32-bit apps & run the Adobe Cleaner Tools in preparation for a proper upgrade to Catalina. Replace Creative Suite with modern 64-bit software.

OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is not legitimately available from any vendor, reseller or country.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found the CD for installing. However, since this is a student copy how would I get that cleared? I am no longer a student (but I was when i purchased it). It says on the box I need to prove i am a student and since that was way back in 2012 I no longer have my university email address. I also do not have a disk drive on my Mac, but I am going to get one. Is there some way I can prove to adobe that this is a legitimate copy and that they can grant me access to the apps once I get my extrnal disk drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had to prove your education status WHEN YOU BOUGHT the product

All you have to do now is enter your serial number when the installer asks

I have the education version of CS5 Master Collection, and all I had to do was provide my serial number when I wanted to install one of the programs that I did not originally install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMPORTANT:  Creative Suite installers are outdated and may not function normally on mac OS Sierra through Mojave.  See the information below for terminal workarounds.  Unfortunately, there is no guarantee this will work on all systems. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines