Exit

Trying to update CS5

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this message.....

Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2 Update

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.

I have tried to manually install and I get the same thing. Also every time I open an application it asks me if I want it to fix the registry.

I have the CS5 web premium that I paid a lot of money for and would like to see this resolved. Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

CS5 is fast approaching its 10 year anniversary.  Most software has a shelf life of 3-5 years.   The last updates for CS5 came out a long time ago (December 2010).  I'm not sure if those updates have much practical relevance anymore. 

Adobe software and product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update by downloading the files directly and then applying them:  https://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do mean by apply them? It’s a exe file

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is fast approaching its 10 year anniversary.  Most software has a shelf life of 3-5 years.   The last updates for CS5 came out a long time ago (December 2010).  I'm not sure if those updates have much practical relevance anymore. 

Adobe software and product updates

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, CS5 is long dead and you can't expect it to keep running if you get Windows 10. CS6 is also long dead. It's all subscription now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the outdated version and instead of update, you should upgrade ASAP.

And here I can provide you some good reasons to upgrade

1. Now we are living in the world of cloud & Adobe CC provides 'Cloud Storage and Collaboration'

2. Now It’s Affordable for Individuals, Businesses, Students, and Teachers. You can check different plans on the HomePage.

3. Now you have different plans with Adobe CC so you don't have to pay much money, it's cheaper than ever.

Screenshot (344).png

You can choose from:

Photography Plan: An entry-level plan with just Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and a few other features.

Single app plan: Anyone single app you can choose.

All apps: All 20+ apps available and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you really want those updates, check the answer in the thread of july10,2019: "adobe illustrator cs5 15.0.2 update link is broken"_at:https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/adobe-illustrator-cs5-15-0-2-update-link-is-broken/m-p/11...

& follow the instructions from the guy named Lou_Kash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines