• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access paid-for InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've signed up with InDesign and paid for a monthly plan.  I can't get access anymore with the program claiming that my trial period has expired and that I must sign up for a plan.  As stated: I've signed up for, and have, a monthly plan in place.  I just can't get access.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app and reinstall again. If that doesn't work, uninstall InDesign again and run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek.  Before I start - I suspect that the glitch occurred because I changed my password b4 the trial period had elapsed.  Does this change your reccomendation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try quitting the Creative Cloud app and then relauching  it, to see if that sorts the isssue out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek,

I've rebooted my system and still get the "Trial Expired" message.

It seems likely that the app is still associating my system with the wrong password; I'm guessing the first one. To complicate this I was just asked by Adobe to change my password for a 3rd time in order to continue this dialogue.

Should I proceed with your original suggestion:

"Uninstall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app and reinstall again. If that doesn't work, uninstall InDesign again and run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling."

Is this likely to remedy the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dereck,

I've now uninstaled and reinstalled Indesign again.  I still get the same "Trial Expired" message but, upon clicking on it, the app now also informs me that the trial has expired and this is the last time that I'll be able to access it.  So I have access. I also had to sign on here with a new user name; Systemagic2. It looks like I'm good to go as long as the program or computer don't get shut down before I can publish my book. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My nightmare continues.

I was working early this AM when Windows rebooted my system for updates.  This ended my second "final" free trial session with InDesign.  Consequently I uninstalled/reinstalled it again to find that it still gives me a "Trial Expired" notice and it was finished with giving me a free final session.  Then I uninstalled it again and ran the Adobe Cloud Cleaner program and reinstalled it again to no benefit.  How do I get this paid-for app to run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You contact Adobe directly. Nobody here can help you, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob.  Do you happen to have a link to contact them directly? I ended up here searching for such contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What country are you in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vancouver, Canada, west coast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All online links apear to be circular dead ends with the following phone number: 800-443-8158 showing up along the way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving the discussion to the correct forum: Get Started!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines