Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Photoshop CS5 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

I ran into a problem installing Photoshop CS5 onto my Windows 10 Education.  I had no problems in installing it on Windows 7, 8.1 and even 10.

Now after resetting Windows 10 (to give it a fresh start) Adobe CS5's Application Manager mentions that it was unable to install Photoshop CS5 the 64-bit version since my laptop runs in a 64-bit operating system platform.

I've already done the following:

• Run as administrator.
  • Run compatibility issue troubleshooter.
    • Win 8, 7, Vista.

No luck.

I've kept a log message to which I don't know how to attach to this forum; however, from the first two lines of the "ERROR" message it goes like this:

1. "Error 1935.  An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {844EFBA7-1C24-93B2-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x80073715.
  2. "Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.MSI Error message: Error occurred during the installation of assembly component {844EFBA7-1C24-93B2-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}.HRESULT: 0x80073715.

With that said, would anyone be able to help with the information provided?

PS: if you require more info from the log file please specify what part you need to know.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Click on below link and install Visual C++ package both x86 and x64 versions :

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update from Official Microsoft Do…

Once the installation is completed  , try to install CS 5 again.

Still same or unable to install update ?? run System File Checker command and let me know the result.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-f…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check under Control panel > Programs and Features .

Check whether Visual C++ Redistributable package 2005  is listed under ?  If yes, tell me the version numbers .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn​, I see 3 Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Reditributables.

• One is version 8.0.61001
  • Another is version 8.056336
  • The third one is the 64-bit version (x64) and is version 8.056336

I will enable hidden admin account temporary and report back if I've managed to successfully install Photoshop CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try to install from Hidden Administrator account once :

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7, 8, or 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn​, I've tried enabling the hidden admin account log is as an admin and tried install Photoshop CS5; however, the same problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on below link and install Visual C++ package both x86 and x64 versions :

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update from O...

Once the installation is completed  , try to install CS 5 again.

Still same or unable to install update ?? run System File Checker command and let me know the result.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need similar help. I'm unable to RE-install my CS5 on Windows 10. My computer was hacked and I'm trying to put it all back together since the computer was serviced. So frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn​, I've installed the x64 version since I'm only interested in running Photoshop CS5 64-bit version and I've managed to install Photoshop CS5 64-bit and it is working.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that.

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am happy to report that I just installed Photoshop CS5 on my new win10 computer with no problems at all. I did not have to run it in compatibility mode installed right off the disk with no problems at all so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines