• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install photoshop. Error 153.

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the problem that I can't install Photoshop, and it shows this error: 

Exit Code: 153
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 153) executing in command 'ChmodCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop21-Core', version:21.1.0.106
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop21-Core Version: 21.1.0.106). Error code: '153'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried deleting all adobe files that I could find on my laptop and installing Cleaner Tool, several times now and still, it won't work.

Someone, please help.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Uninstall each application individually
  2. Uninstall Creative Cloud Desktop app
  3. Delete /Library/Application Support/Adobe (and everything in it)
  4. Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe (and everything in it)
  5. Look for any folder/file that contains "adobe" from within the ~/Library/Preferences folder
  6. Delete all Adobe folders from /Applications
  7. Delete all Adobe folders/apps from /Applications/Utilities
  8. Reboot
  9. Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove everything

Before extracting the downloaded package, I followed the https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/known-issues-macos-1015-catalina.html#sa_src=web-messaging  to remove the quarantine placed on the file. Once these steps were done, I was able to install as normal. Everything was able to install and function properly after all of this!

I know this was long, but hopefully it helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Error 153 is a folder/file permissions problem.  See this link for more information on which file or folder is effected.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#moreinfo

• Which Mac OS do you have?
  • Does your computer user profile have administrative permissions?
  • If this is an Enterprise/Teams account, please contact your IT dept admin for help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines