• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Photoshop or CreativeCloud on Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm on a paid plan and I cannot install any of your products on Windows 10. There seems to be a problem with the callbacks to the installer window when I have signed in through the browser.

Steps to reproduce

1) Download the exe installer

2) Start it

3) Click on the open browser button

4) Sign in through the browser

5) Wait forever since the "Check your browser" page never disappears. I cannot click the link in the bottom either, it is unresponsive.

clipboard_image_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving your query to the correct board 'Get Started'. Experts here will be able to help you better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which web browser are you using Davidhagg1?  Have you tried setting a different web browser as the default?  What type of CC membership do you have?

Please try installing the CC desktop app by following the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I tried to use Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 69.0.3 and Google Chrome 77.0.3865.120 for the download. The installer just opens a browser tab where I should sign in with my Adobe ID and after that the installer is just doing nothing.

clipboard_image_0.png

When I click on sign in here, nothing happens...

I followed the steps described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-creative-cloud-apps.html

I attached the two logfiles PDApp.log and oobelib.log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noxolos, you mentioned that you are using the Enterprise edition of Windows 7. Are you installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application on a computer and network that you personally manage? What type of Creative Cloud membership do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an administrator responsible for software distribution (SCCM) so I have administrative rights on any client computer and on any server in our company. The network is managed by our networking team and they already checked our corporate firewall to make sure nothing regarding the Adobe Creative Cloud is blocked. At the moment I am at my home office and try to install the application at home to make sure no proxy and no firewall or corporate network can interfere the installation process. The Creative Cloud membership is managed by our distributor SoftwareOne and the license manager of our parent company. After ordering the license for InDesign and Photoshop our user just got an e-mail from Adobe Creative Cloud that she now had access to InDesign and Photoshop. Because every attempt to install the two programs on our users's laptop failed, I asked SoftwareOne to temporary switch the license to my Adobe ID so that I can figure out the problem without bothering the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Noxolos, for the update. I would recommend you start a new discussion in our Enterprise and Teams forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/Enterprise-Teams/bd-p/enterprise-and-teams. The community in this forum will be able to assist with any errors you are facing with the deployment process. The Get Started forum is designed for individual members that are facing errors or have questions. Those same troubleshooting steps are not always applicable in the environment that you are working in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (official version) (64 bits) on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidHagg1, if you set Edge or FireFox as your default web browser do you continue to face errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i just tried to set Edge as the default browser. It does not honor that and starts Chrome anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried setting Edge as default, rebooted my computer and tried again, but it still takes Chrome and opens it. Can I get rid of the web login somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe I'm alone with this issue? It must be thousands of people having the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am sorry, David. I have not seen the error you are experiencing before. Due to your current inability to adjust the default web browser, there may be larger issues affecting the current computer you are attempting to use the Creative Cloud on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, David. I would recommend first resolving why you are unable to adjust the default web browser for the operating system. If you continue to encounter errors then please contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. You may need to use a different computer, tablet, or smartphone to begin the chat due to the current web browser issues you are facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear: I've been working as a software engineer the past 20 years so I do know how to change my default browser and this is not the issue. The issue is that your installer is not handling the callback from the authentication process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround: 1) Download Fiddler and start it. 2) Start the installer. Since the Fiddler software is blocking the request to the adobe servers a dialog shows to either retry or quit. 3) Close fiddler and click retry. 4) You can now login directly in the installer and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, David. For other individuals who are affected with this error please contact our support team direclty so that the error can be corrected without the use of third-party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issues for me, the installer did not honor my default browser setting (changing from chrome to firefox). How ever, downloading the installer with firefox and run this new installer will use firefox for auth. Still the same issue though. Firefox says i'm logged in and the installer says "check your browser".

Is it possible to download a real installation file instead of this light weight installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines