• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to re-install Media Encoder and Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So starting this weekend I've been having issues with Premiere and Media Encoder - crashing, freezing and longer than normal render times - when I tried to uninstall with creative cloud it said the programs were still running in the background. Opening Task Manager I could see that they were both indeed still running in the background, however, I cannot end them, when I do I get an error message saying the operation could not be completed. Next, I used the Clean Up Tool to remove all Adobe software and Creative Cloud from my PC, which worked. But now I cannot re-install Premiere or Media Encoder because they are apparently still running in the background even though they're no longer on my PC. I am able to re-install other Adobe programs but these two will not as the computer still thinks they're running. I am at an utter loss, I've tried to kill the tasks using cmd but that just says process not found. I need these programs as I do a lot of content creation and video editing and now I'm completely locked out from using them, please, does anyone have any idea whats going on??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you re-start your computer yet?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did that multiple times; I've seemed to have found a fix, however. Downloaded a task manager program called Process Hacker that seems to be more efficient than the built-in Windows one, was able to end the processes and re-install the softwares.

Thanks for the quick response though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines