Highlighted

Unable to reach adobe servers - not an install problem

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Creative Cloud about 2 years ago, with no trouble. Then suddenly as I opened one of my photoshop files, I found that some graphic assets are no longer linking, and my Creative Cloud library disappeared. It said: To use Creative Cloud Libraries, sign in to Creative Cloud. But I never logged out?! Then when I tried to open Creative Cloud app on my desktop, it gave me this error message. 

What should I do? Also note, I have no computer background at all, so please use layman language 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.36.05 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to reach adobe servers - not an install problem

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Creative Cloud about 2 years ago, with no trouble. Then suddenly as I opened one of my photoshop files, I found that some graphic assets are no longer linking, and my Creative Cloud library disappeared. It said: To use Creative Cloud Libraries, sign in to Creative Cloud. But I never logged out?! Then when I tried to open Creative Cloud app on my desktop, it gave me this error message. 

What should I do? Also note, I have no computer background at all, so please use layman language 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.36.05 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. If I try to repair the instillation it appears to succed, then restarts and says it is updating, then restarts and gives the same error again (on Windows 10). As the original poster, was fine up until recently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping in to say this problem started happening on my computer recently as well.  CC has been installed on this computer for over two years without issue.  Seems that this may be a bigger issue.

ETA:  In trying to troubleshoot, I did a Wireshark capture to see if there were any obvious problems.  From what I saw, Creative Cloud appears to be resolving and communicating with the Adobe servers, so it doesn't appear to be an obvious network issue.

Is anyone at Adobe paying attention to this thread?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came back to update.

This wasn't an issue with Windows 10 updates

• All Windows Updates had been installed successfully
  • The last time Windows Updates were installed was on 6/9
  • No additional Windows Updates were availble
  • Creative Cloud had updated Suite applications on 6/16
  • Creative Cloud updated itself on 6/27 which is about the time this problem started happening

Yesterday, I attempted to reinstall Creative Cloud by downloading the latest instance from the Adobe website and running the installer.  The installer got stuck in a loop where it would launch a web browser to authenticate with Adobe, automatically pass authentication credentials to the website, indicate that authentication was success and I could close the session, and then repeat the same thing over again. I wound up canceling the install attempt after about a dozen times through this loop.

This morning I got a notification window from Creative Cloud that there were updates and I now Programs & Features shows that the application 'Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud' was installed this morning.  Creative Cloud appears to be working again.

As I mentioned before when I was troubleshooting this issue, I performed a Wireshark capture which--while I couldn't verifty the contents of the sessions because they are TLS encrypted--indicated correct name resolution and multiple round-trip sessions between the Creative Cloud client and Adobe servers.  I think this is something that may have been broken with the last CC update and Adobe as implemented a fix from the server side.

It would be nice if someone from Adobe would confirm or clarify that this is/was a known issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to say I have this exact same problem. One day it worked fine, the next I am getting this error. I've gone through various articles on the Adobe website and this community and nothing has resolved my main issue. However, here's where it gets interesting... One of the tests I saw says to create a new administrator account in Windows and try accessing Creative Cloud from there - and it works! I am scratching my head completely and at a loss. So now, as a workaround, I can do most things on my main account, but when I want to update an app or use the Creative Cloud app at all I have to switch over to the other account.

With that new info, anyone have any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mr. Krispy,

Thanks for sharing this. I have the same problem and took the steps outlined by Adobe except for this step. I don't want to log out and back into my computer every time I use Creative Suite. That's so silly! And in my opinion, not a real solution. Someone, please update me when a true solution is posted by Adobe. 

I've used Adobe products since 1991 and need it for work!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a couple days ago I started up my laptop and I immediately got a notification that the Creative Cloud had updated. I clicked the notification and lo and behold, CC App launched without issue. I had already tried updating the app and uninstalling/reinstalling fresh in the days before. This leads to me to believe that despite what is being posted on this community, on Twitter, and through Adobe support, it was/is an Adobe issue on their end. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's what solved it for me-

this happened on both my mac & windows machines at the same time, and immediately after the latest CC update, so i knew it had nothing to do with systems, etc.  

after repairing cc desktop install-- on both machines-- with no change in the error, i signed on to the adobe website to do some searching for answers.  

at that point, i was asked to change my adobe password.  

once i did this- be near your email for authorization codes if its not on the same machine, btw--  i was then able to launch cc desktop, enter my email address & password-- and it connected properly with no 'server' error.    

hope this helps, cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0