• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to reach Adobe servers

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Creative Cloud last week on my MacBook Pro running Catalina. It worked fine for a couple of days, but now, every time I open the Creative Cloud app, I get the message 'Unable to contact Adobe servers'. The other apps still open OK.

I have tried reinstalling the app, and all the steps at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html. Nothing makes a difference.

It does open OK if I log in using a different admin account on my laptop. That's not a solution though, because I want to use my software in my existing login - and I can't be certain the same thing won't just happen again.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I've already done all of that. I don't have a firewall running and I can run the app from a different admin account, so I'm guessing it's a corrupted setting somewhere, but none of the things I've tried has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Churchpoverty, I am sorry, but you will need access to the servers listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html if you wish to use your individual Creative Cloud for Education membership.  

Please contact whoever manages the network the computer is connected to and ask that they verify you have access to the servers and ports listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm not connected to a network - I'm just using my home broadband connection. Is there any reason an ISP would restrict access to Adobe's servers?

As I said, it works fine in a different admin account on the same laptop, so it seems as though it's a problem on my machine rather than with my connection in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I don't have an individual Creative Cloud for Education membership. We got a discounted subscription because we're a charity - does that make a difference to the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Churchpoverty, I am showing an individual education membership assigned to the e-mail address, but regardless you will need access to the servers and ports listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html.  If you have already completed the steps listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html, then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for additional assistance.

Please be prepared to use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet when you begin the chat session.  It is very likely the current connection failure will prevent you from establishing a chat session too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that numerous other Mac users were having the same problem last month, but no one seems to have answered them:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/creative-cloud-unable-to-reach-adobe-servers/td-p/85...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Churchpoverty, there was an issue with operating systems not being set to the English language, that was causing them to receive this message.  This error has already been corrected.

Since you have never successfully utilized your Creative Cloud membership, it is more likely the message is accurate and the computer is blocked from reaching our servers.  Managing a computer network is still not a plug and play task, even in 2020, so there are likely additional configuration changes that may need to be implemented to access the servers and ports listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'I have never successfully utilised my membership' please? I have logged in and installed all the software, and am still using the other apps with no problems.

Can you advise what configuration changes I need to make to access the servers? I am still very skeptical that it can be anything to do with my ISP, since I am able to run the app no problem if I log into my laptop with a different admin account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Churchpoverty, if you are unsure of how to configure your local network, then I would recommend you start with contacting your local Internet Service Provider for assistance.  If that is not possible, then you may need to find someone locally who can assist you with configuring the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said before, I am not on a local network, and it also seems very unlikely that my ISP is blocking access to Adobe's servers - particularly as I'm able to access them with no problems from a different admin account on the same laptop.

I tried a chat with support but they told me I need to speak to tech support rather than the general chat service. I'll try that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines