• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to run CS CC Applications

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wasted two days of effort reading forums here, trying various suggestions, and have had no luck. 

I've used sudo chmod -R 775 /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe. I've done the suggestions in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/configuration-error-cs5.html (regarding file permissions for /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/ and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore.

I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled several times.

I've run the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

When I try to start Dreamweaver or Fireworks, I get Configuration Error 16.

Lightroom starts fine.

When I try to start Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, it brings up Adobe Application Manager and offers to uninstall Acrobat. I've done so, then reinstalled, and it comes back with the dialog offering to uninstall it.

For an application suite that *rents* for $600 per year, I expect better. I've seen several posts like this on both the Adobe forums and on external forums. Did you guys test this installation? I am so tempted to abandon Adobe and move to other alternatives, especially since you've now dropped further development of Fireworks.

Edited to add:

I created an administrator account with root access. In this account, Dreamweaver and Fireworks *do* start. So, it might be a file permissions problem, but again, See my second paragraphy concering file permissions suggestions posted elsewhere in this community.

Message was edited by: JimInBoulder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Hi JimlnBoulder,

On your Mac from your Actual User Account could you please cut the Adobe PCD and SLStore folders from both location to your Desktop and then try to launch Dreamweaver and Fireworks and let us know if it works or not.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore

Also if you wish I can contact you to help on the issue.

Just send me a private message.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I see that the issue I'm having is now important enough to be an "announcement." Unfortunately, as I've stated here, the proposed "Solution 1? DOES NOT WORK. (Yes, I'm shouting.)

What's up Adobe?

BTW, the installs worked fine on my Windows machine but my Mac is my production machine. I need to be able to use it. Heck, I can't even use Acrobat Pro anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JimlnBoulder,

On your Mac from your Actual User Account could you please cut the Adobe PCD and SLStore folders from both location to your Desktop and then try to launch Dreamweaver and Fireworks and let us know if it works or not.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore

Also if you wish I can contact you to help on the issue.

Just send me a private message.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to get everything except Acrobat Pro installed. I took a drastic approach, but this worked:

1. I uninstalled every Adobe application I could find on my Mac by using the uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.

2. I ran the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html). It didn't find any applications.

3. I deleted all folders that had "Adobe" in the name, including /Library/Application Support/Adobe/, every subfolder and file in the folder.

4. I downloaded the Creative Cloud installer and then was able to successfuly Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Extension Manager, Illustrator, and PhotoShop. They all run properly now.

I've tried installing Acrobat Pro repeatedly, but it always results in an alias that points to the uninstall app for Acrobat. Acrobat itself doesn't show up anywhere in the Mac's Applications folder.

I've installed the trial version of Acrobat Pro, which runs fine. It has a registration option to enter a serial number, but Creative Cloud doesn't seem to include a serial number.

My hope is that before the trial version of Acrobat Pro expires that Adobe will get its act together and fix this mess.

Based on the thousands of posts on this and other forums, I imagine Adobe support and development are working their butts off right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

If Acrobat is installed you can license the software using your Adobe ID and it will reconise your subscription to Creative Cloud and activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines