• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Uninstall Creative Cloud Desktop as it is busy. Please try again [OSX El Capitan]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also says there is another copy in use

Mac Pro (Early 2009) OSX El Capitan V 10.11.6

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro4,1

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Hi Sammydyer,

As you have mentioned that you are trying to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, however it fails with an error message that it is busy, after seeing your screen shot I would recommend you to 'Force Quit' everything related to Adobe Creative Cloud from the 'Activity Monitor', to know how see: Close conflicting processes or applications interfering with Adobe Creative Cloud app update or install.

After this use the uninstaller for the desktop app to uninstall it: Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Creative Cloud forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sammydyer sorry that you are facing errors when uninstalling the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  Why are you uninstalling the Creative Cloud desktop app?  Do you have any other Adobe applications installed?

If possible could you please post a screen shot of the current error Sammydyer?  Information on how to post a screen shot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have CS6, Bridge CS5.1, I tried MUSE recently but that crashed 90% of the time (7 day trial), the Creative Cloud desktop application problems have been going on for months it is working ok today but i have experienced that before El Capitan 10.11.6Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 08.37.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sammydyer,

As you have mentioned that you are trying to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, however it fails with an error message that it is busy, after seeing your screen shot I would recommend you to 'Force Quit' everything related to Adobe Creative Cloud from the 'Activity Monitor', to know how see: Close conflicting processes or applications interfering with Adobe Creative Cloud app update or inst...

After this use the uninstaller for the desktop app to uninstall it: Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

If it still fails to uninstall, then please do a manual cleanup of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app following the steps shared in the given thread: illustrator reinstalling free trial 1 day old!

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines