Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Uninstall CS4 because Uninstall link is not functional

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in Mac Yosemite environment.

CS4 was transferred from a previous Mac/OS to this one.

Would like to uninstall CS4, which is nonfunctional anyway, because I am about to launch a new project using Creative Cloud version.

Saving files is not an issue; I have not used CS4 since 2013. I just want the app gone.

However, the uninstall button/link simply cycles for about 5 seconds (with an Adobe icon bouncing in the dock), and then fails to open.

Have found no work-around in forums.

Thank you for assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Forget that. Just download the tool and run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But this procedure takes me right to THE THING that does not work. Namely, the uninstaller in the Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the CC Cleaner Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because the first step is to uninstall, which is what I cannot do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget that. Just download the tool and run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrific! Ignoring the "uninstall" instructions and simply running the CC Cleaner Tool has done the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted.

FWIW, I have no idea why they that uninstall direction in there. If you could get it uninstalled that way you wouldn’t need the CC Cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob the CC Cleaner tool is designed to work in conjunction with the uninstallers.  It doesn't actually remove the application files but instead removes the critical licensing files and registry entries, were applicable.

In Juliec3559322's case she migrated her installation of Creative Suite 4 to a new Mac.  This can often cause unpredictable results.

In the future, Juliec3559322, I would recommend only migrating your documents and settings.  Adobe applications, in particula,r are designed to be installed on a computer and not copied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up where you should get some more assistance with uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines