Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the following:

Adob Creative Suite Design StandardCS5.5WinDecember 22, 2011

(from my account)

and then CS6:

Adobe Creative Suite Design Standard6.0WinMay 29, 2012

When I used the newer serial number, I was asked for the original one.  When I enter it, I receive the following message: "The serial number you entered is invalid. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact customer support.

I had to reformat my c drive (I use a PC), so need to reload my software.  Will you please provide a serial number that I can use, or find a way to activate this one?  I have double checked, and I have entered the correct numbers.

Thanks!

[NEVER POST A SERIAL NUMBER IN AN OPEN FORUM !!!]

[You have just given your serial number to everyone who read this message before]

[I deleted the number... or people who receive all their forum messages via email]

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

when starting your installation you're prompted for your cs6 serial number.  when the installer fails to find a qualifying product (ie, cs5.5) installed, you will be presented with a dropdown of possible qualifying products.  select the one you own.  you will then be asked to enter cs5.5's serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation will proceed.

if you think you're doing that and you have a single user license (ie, not educational/enterprise), using a browser that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when starting your installation you're prompted for your cs6 serial number.  when the installer fails to find a qualifying product (ie, cs5.5) installed, you will be presented with a dropdown of possible qualifying products.  select the one you own.  you will then be asked to enter cs5.5's serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation will proceed.

if you think you're doing that and you have a single user license (ie, not educational/enterprise), using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I just tried it over that way, and it worked.

Problem solved. Wish I could buy you coffee.

)

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.  (and thanks for the coffee offer!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines