• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNFAIR FEE

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a teenager in high school and I downloaded adobe premiere pro CC not too long ago because I wanted to learn to edit. I found that the editor was too advanced and decided I wanted to uninstall the app. But when I went to cancel my plan I found a Fee of OVER $100. There was NO notice of a cancelation fee and I'm FURIOUS. I only have a high school credit card account and I CAN NOT afford to pay this cancellation fee. I want this subscription GONE and I shouldn't have to pay a fee to cancel a subscription. This is just plain GREEDY. DO NOT BUY ADOBE ITS NOT WORTH IT! I WANT MY SUBSCRIPTION CANCELED NOW.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Hi Deja,

I see you have a single app subscription for Premiere pro under the same ID as with forums. When you signed up for the subscription, you agreed to certain terms and conditions that had information about early termination fee.

Please see the legal terms: Legal subscription terms | Adobe

You may also contact support for help and information(Link shared above).

Feel free to update the thread with more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum, not Adobe support... click below to contact Adobe staff to help

While the forums are open 24/7 you may not contact Adobe support at all times

Chat help: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time) <=== NOTE DAYS AND TIME

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, you guys are allowed to charge whatever fees you feel like it, but you are probably driving away customers by doing it this way. I know that I will never use you guys again. Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

courtneyf50259035  wrote

Look, you guys are allowed to charge whatever fees you feel like it, but you are probably driving away customers by doing it this way. I know that I will never use you guys again. Just saying.

You are answering to John T Smith  who is a user as I am.

But just to answer one of your claims: Adobe is doing very well with his model and I do not think that the early cancellation fee is unfair.

You have 2 subscription models: One you commit for the month, is more expensive but does not come  with an early termination fee. With the other one, you commit for a year, is cheaper and comes with an early cancellation fee. The cancellation fee is the counterpart for having a cheaper subscription. As you took a contractual commitment for ONE YEAR, offering a cancellation for a fee IS A FAVOUR that Adobe does the customers. They could also ask you to fulfil your commitment.

(and before the storm starts:  I am a user as you are)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Abambo, I wasn't trying to say that they are not doing well as a company, I was just saying that there are probably customers who would have used their service except for what I view as a somewhat shady way of labeling their products.

My real problem is that they say it's $19.99/mo, but they do not make it clear that your are purchasing a year subscription that is paid monthly until you go to cancel. If you know to look for it then it does tell you that it's a year subscription. Had I known when purchasing that it was for a year I would not have used it. I really just want them to make it very clear when purchasing that it's for a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are they not saying that it is an ANNUAL PLAN, PAID MONTHLY?

An annual plan is for a year!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deja,

I see you have a single app subscription for Premiere pro under the same ID as with forums. When you signed up for the subscription, you agreed to certain terms and conditions that had information about early termination fee.

Please see the legal terms: Legal subscription terms | Adobe

You may also contact support for help and information(Link shared above).

Feel free to update the thread with more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to ask your parents to buy stuff because you're coming across as very childish. You may not think you should have to pay but literally everything that comes with a subscription has a cancellation fee.

If you can't afford the cancellation fee then don't cancel your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha, very helpful. "If you can't afford to cancel, keep the subscription". $$$$$$$$$

Also, they mentioned they're in high school already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to end it's early cancellation free. It's preditory in nature. Have a discount for a year subscription paid in full over a monthly free at a higher rate. And obviously have high fees does not eliminate trolls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leasing a car has a similar early termination fee... also an apartment with a lease rather than a month to month agreement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a digital program, not a car or a house, lmao.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An apartment or a car has sustantial costs to re- lease. They also are sales that have paperwork explaining in detail the consequences of termination explained before signing. No one reads the scroll agreement in any website. It's took 30 seconds to set up his account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines