Update button isn’t working on adobe creative cloud

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 18 new updates in my Adobe creative cloud application on my desktop (mac). When I click the update button nothing happens. this has been happening for a few weeks now. The sign-out button is grayed out too. Does anyone know a solution and how to fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Explorer , Oct 29, 2020
rachinc1 Explorer , Oct 29, 2020
SOLUTION: go to applications -> utilities -> activity monitor. Then go to the energy tab and force quit out of each adobe product. you have to do it one by one. you cant do it all at once. so highlight core sync for instance and press the big X button on the top left hand side, and it will prompt you to quit or force quit. choose force quit. once all of those adobe apps are no longer showing up on the list, go back to your applications folder, and open adobe creative cloud back up and try to upd...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
rachinc1 AUTHOR
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see an edit button in order to update my respnse with more details but I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and I have Adobe Creative Cloud 5.3.1.470 what a number! There is no error code. I go to the top right hand corner of my Apple computer and click the Adobe Creative Cloud icon in the menu bar up top. A window pops up that shows me all the apps that want to be updated and any time I click any of them, nothing happens. Yes I've done restarts and shut downs since the problem came about. When I click update all, nohting happens. When I go to the blue circle and try to click sign off, its grayed out. Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.38.27 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION: go to applications -> utilities -> activity monitor. Then go to the energy tab and force quit out of each adobe product. you have to do it one by one. you cant do it all at once. so highlight core sync for instance and press the big X button on the top left hand side, and it will prompt you to quit or force quit. choose force quit. once all of those adobe apps are no longer showing up on the list, go back to your applications folder, and open adobe creative cloud back up and try to update you apps now. This worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU !!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are truely a life-saver. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines